the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
2 miscreants (aka chipmunks) were lured in by the sweet seduction of the dried grape to their dooms... it's not something i really enjoy doing, but we're really getting overrun by chipmunks already and the season is just getting started.

i'm wondering how many i will have to keep trapping before i start to notice a difference and can perhaps take down Stonehenge III (Stonehenge I is the original, Stonehenge II is the one in Washington State that I saw many years ago). Stonehenge III i will have to get a picture of before i take it apart and return the components to where they belong. hopefully sooner rather than later...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
watered peas and beans first thing and then finished up weeding the onion garden. i need to do something else with it this year - probably will plant beans. :) after getting that done then i moved on to clearing out a few pathways of some weeds (columbine flowers that grew from seeds in the gravel) and then scraped the daylily garden (trying to remove them - it's about 90% done) and also weeded a few other things until it got to be too hot out there.

over a month before summer and i'm already on summer hours (work in the morning for as long as i can until it gets too hot and then siesta). weather report says it's about 83F out there. pretty humid. some rains went by but missed us.

tomorrow i hope we get the faucet repaired because gardening without a hose is not much fun when you have a lot of gardens and are hauling water a few watering cans at a time. sure it is a good workout but ... :)