the little wild kingdom

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
living that close to the coast do you have a canoe or kayak?
Nah, never needed one. Years ago, I had a small aluminum boat but sold it after my divorce.

I'm still threatening to build myself a pond floatie of some kind. Just haven't had time yet. Hoping the grands will get down here and we'll tackle it then.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
made progress on a few things yesterday and today but not planted anything yet.

yesterday i chopped off most of a large thorn bush that i've wanted to take out for years, it was also covered with wild grape vines so those too were mostly removed. i still have to do some cutting of the larger trunk stems that are too big for the loppers to take them out, but eventually i'll get that done and also remove the rest of the grape vines which are down the bank. it's hard for me to get on that slope and the slope is also mostly clay so that presents a double challenge. then i weeded the back pathway and that was enough for that day.

today was mowing day and working on another project which has needed to be done since they built this place (almost 28 years ago already!) above some of the windows and my patio door there's a ledge which the birds keep thinking is a nesting place. so i've always wanted to get those ledge areas enclosed so the birds won't be able to get up there any more. today we got two of the three ledges done and Wednesday hopefully we'll get it finished up.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
heard coyotes last night (about 4am). i was already awake having fallen asleep earlier...

not much for outdoor plans today, but perhaps an hour of weeding someplace.