Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I spent time in the garden. DS17 pulled up black rubber sheets that have been choking out a patch of difficult weeds (for 2 years). Success! He moved them over. In 2 years the worst of my garden will be tame! :gig

The bad weeds are in the section that had been rototilled most often and most recently. The soil is recovering now. It's not rock hard and we can pull the weeds out now. I am surprised how much we accomplished today. My goal is to maintain 2/3 of the garden this year - approx 6,000 sq ft.

I will run out of seeds, but I have a few pounds of navy beans on standby for cover crop.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I did a little bit of weeding this morning. Didn't look like much - gotta trust it will add up. It's puppy day at work. And then getting ready for a dog show tomorrow. If nothing *major* goes wrong, my dog will earn his title tomorrow. It's a kind judge - the one we had for our first trial. I didn't realize the dog show would be on Mother's Day, but it's perfect timing. I'll be in my happy place. :love

I talked to DH about shifting household/parenting responsibilities. It was not well-received. :/ but I have noticed a little change. Possibly enough. I told him I wasn't going to do the grocery shopping. It doesn't make sense for me to do it. He dislikes grocery shopping, so IDK. I took over grocery shopping before there was grocery pick-up or delivery services. Maybe it's not too bad now? He hasn't responded to the bit about grocery shopping. But he did volunteer to take DS9 to a birthday party and bought the gift and everything. I despise kids' birthday parties so I'm grateful.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It’s the little things that make the big things.
So true! DH got groceries today while I was gone. :love it's a little thing, but it makes a big difference. Makes me more agreeable too. I have a plant ICU/cemetery around the kitchen sink. It annoys DH. I put 2 plants in the grave (trash) and put a couple healthy ones back where they belong.

I took DS17 to a dog obedience and rally trial. He got a qualifying score and 1st place! I was super happy my dog was perfect in warm-up and the right state of mind for exceptional performance in the ring. Until he saw another dog that was love at first sight. He was terrible in the ring! :gig good thing he's cute! Somehow we ended up with a qualifying score, new title, and 1st place! I sincerely thought the others in our class did better. IDK what the judge saw!

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm driving DS17 around town to pick up job applications. He's starting to be aware of his skills. As in "I can glaze windows and install screens, so I should apply at the hardware store" and "I was the youth manager at the 4-H milkshake stand, so I should apply at the ice cream parlor"

He needs a job or I need to hire a babysitter for him 🙄

Latest posts