"Pic-Of-The-Week" Homemade doughnuts by AL
Sufficient Self Forum
Living a more Self Sufficient & Sustainable Lifestyle
You are not logged in.
The SufficientSelf Forum is a place for members to ask questions, share their experiences, and help each other learn while making new friends.
We've got a huge community, so in order to manage such a large group of diverse people we must enforce certain standards and rules. Underlying these rules is the fact that SufficientSelf is a family-oriented board where people of different backgrounds and ideas can all feel comfortable.
* Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.
* Respect the SufficientSelf Staff. They dedicate LOTS of volunteer time keeping the forum running smoothly.
* Be nice to newcomers and help them feel welcome.
* Respect that people may have a different political, religious, philosophical and cultural background than you.
* Be very descriptive in the subjects of your new topics and try to stay on topic as you post. Example: do not say "HELP ME!", but instead say "I'm having a problem with xxx yyy and could use some help"
* Link back to SufficientSelf.com from your site and/or blog, especially if you put a link to another site in your forum signature (see rules on poultry sites below)
* Read the sticky topics at the top of the "Feedback and Announcements" section of the forum.
* Have fun and learn!
This is a list of things you should not do on our board. SufficientSelf Staff will lock or remove topics if there are posts that are contrary to the good of the community. The SufficientSelf staff have over 50 years of combined experience with this community and these rules are based on this experience. The staff love the community, but if a member contnues to disregard our guidelines they will be banned from accessing the SufficientSelf forum.
1. Remember this is a family board no swearing / foul language and no inappropriate
2. Do not solicit donations or charitable requests for yourself or other people or organizations.
3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.
5. No teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.
6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.
7. No Fighting. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable. "I'm right, you're wrong" threads and posts will be edited or deleted.
8. Do not post overly personal information like your phone number, address, age (especially if you are a minor) or any other personal info you don't want the whole world to see.
9. Do not promote other similar websites that could be considered in competition to SufficientSelf. Sometimes it may be appropriate to link to another site that has specific information relative to a question, but moderators have to right to remove links and posts at their discretion.
10. Luring members to other forums is not allowed and we prohibit discussing drama that happens on other forums. We've worked hard for 10 years to build up this community and we will not tolerate people coming in and spamming our members via the public forum, private messages, or emails to join another community.
11. No advertising or marketing of your products or services outside of the SufficientSelf Buy / Sell section. Even posts in these areas should be in moderation.
12. We strongly discourage religious topics and do not allow most political topics. We reserve the right to delete them at our discretion.
Regarding "Freedom of Speech":
This is a very interpretable statement. SS does NOT support "freedom of speech" in the traditional sense. You can not come on this forum and talk about adult topics, porn, drugs, hate speech, etc. SS was not established as a forum of freedom of expression... there are other forums out there that allow this, but wepromise 99.3% of you won't like them as much as you like SS (for the .7% that do, they usually end up being unhappy here and some get banned).
SufficientSelf staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How SufficientSelf staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
* Do not post threads questioning moderation.
* If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a SufficientSelf staff member.
* You'll automatically be registered for the SufficientSelf newsletter. If you want to be removed from the newsletter simply follow the very easy unsubscribe instructions on the first one you receive.
* Private messages via our forum can not be accessed by other members or the moderators. The administrator may review private messages if problems arise (for example, if members are reported as spamming via PM's)
* It is at our sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any users or content from the site.
* Posting on SufficientSelf makes the comment, images, ideas "public domain". If you decide to leave the forum SufficientSelf will not be required to remove your posts.
* The opinions expressed on the forum are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the positions of the SufficientSelf website and/or its staff.
* To participate in the Buy, Sell, Auction portion of SufficientSelf you must agree to all the rules stated in that section.
In general, you agree not to post any material that is illegal, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, harassing, threatening, invasive of another person's privacy, or a violation of copyright. You agree that the administrators and moderators of this site have the right to remove, edit, move or lock any material on the site, at any time for any reason. However, it is impossible for said administrators and moderators to review all material for objectionable content. Therefore you acknowledge that such material expresses the views and opinions of the author only, and the administrators and moderators will not be held liable. You also agree that posting material (information, posts, topics, pictures, etc.) to our forum and website implicitly grants SufficientSelf a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-revocable license to use and change said material for the purposes of running SufficientSelf.
If you agree to the rules above, please continue with your registration. Welcome to SufficientSelf and please enjoy your time here!