Avalon1984-Chicken, horses, pigs, oh my!

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
If she wants money for her, she's nuts! Most people will not buy a horse that old-unless they can get them for dirt cheap. And in the meantime, the person is still paying all the costs. And if they're boarding, that adds up.
I hear you, but you are right, she is nuts. 1 for letting my husband go and hunt for some dirty rich dude, and 2 because she is greedy and stupid. She has been paying board for these horses for I think 12+ years and has come out to see them maybe twice. Horse people are interesting people, as you should know :) I will have a specialized Clydesdale farrier come out with my regular farrier in the next few weeks to discuss what shoes we'll be putting on my 2 show horses for the fall. We know we'll use scotch bottoms and pads, but we'll need to see which size, etc. His first question was wether I was "excentric". Appearantly us Clydesdale people are a bunch of whackos but he said that Shire people are even worse. He must not know yet that I also own a Shire mare. :rolleyes:

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
As to your chicken in the freezer, remember the crockpot! And leftovers. At least it would be ready when you are!

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
snapshot said:
As to your chicken in the freezer, remember the crockpot! And leftovers. At least it would be ready when you are!
From my utterly unprepared self, let me tell you that I currently do not own one. I know, it's terrible. I can't seem to find the time to eat properly just yet. It is on my agenda for next years resolution.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You counted the bunny poop?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Avalon1984 said:
snapshot said:
From my utterly unprepared self, let me tell you that I currently do not own one. I know, it's terrible. I can't seem to find the time to eat properly just yet. It is on my agenda for next years resolution.
Gotta get a crockpot to make your life easier!!! And lots of websites with recipes just for crockpots. Here is one---http://slowandsimple.com/ Maybe one will fall in your lap!:)

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
snapshot said:
Avalon1984 said:
snapshot said:
Gotta get a crockpot to make your life easier!!! And lots of websites with recipes just for crockpots. Here is one---http://slowandsimple.com/ Maybe one will fall in your lap!:)
I hear you. At this point I am still trying to teach myself to cook. All these recipes just confuse me more. Hopefully one day I will know how to cook. :rolleyes:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Avalon1984 said:
Denim Deb said:
Sure did. Don't you count poop balls :hu
Nope, too many other things to count, like cones in my hemlock, seed pods on my red bud....

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Avalon1984 said:
Denim Deb said:
Sure did. Don't you count poop balls :hu
Nope, too many other things to count, like cones in my hemlock, seed pods on my red bud....
I find myself counting horse poop piles to ensure that all plumbings are working properly. I thought everybody does that :idunno