Checkup - Spam Levels Seem To Have Dropped

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
We've been on this new platform for a few months and I thought I'd do a quick check to see if y'all echo my feelings...

One of the many reasons we moved to this platform is because it has much better anti-spam features. We'll never be able to 100% get rid of spammers (there's always going to be a gray area that makes it impossible to differentiate between a legit new member and a human spammer), but it seems like the amount of spam getting through our filters is pretty low.

What do y'all think? Has it seemed like the quantity of spam has decreased since moving to this new system?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I dunno. I just reported some spam. :hide

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Probably. I used to let people know that it had been reported so the mods wouldn't get their in boxes full from multiple people reporting the same post(s) until someone made a joke about the product, I responded to the joke, and got slapped w/35 points for feeding the troll.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
:( Sorry, you shouldn't have gotten any infraction points for that. They should be erased now.

Thanks for reporting the spammers. While there's no way to 100% eliminate them, we catch about 99% of the attempts before they even post... which means tens of thousands of attempts per month!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I complained to the mod that did it, but never heard back. I will admit to being quite upset over it. But I also wasn't about to run to you and complain. Figured you didn't need the grief.

Latest posts