Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Have you used any of your goats for the dinner table? I have. One full dairy. Excellent flavor. This yr I'll keep one of the crossbred (dairy mom/Boer dad) and feed out thru winter. I was looking tonight and boy are those guys growing! 😳 Lotsa milk makes for good growth. They're about to be weaned!! But eating feed nicely. It's good freezer fill. I'd like to grind some this year.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I butchered a pygmy some years back and we loved it. Butchered a mixed breed wether just a couple years ago and it wasn't as expected. I'm willing to try it again. I've got a wether out there now that I may sample next. He's half myotonic and really thick. If he doesn't sell, he'll go to freezer camp.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Physical Therapy is coming this morning to evaluate DH for discharge. It'll be kind of nice not having that on our plate twice a week - even if they come here. He's doing well, but could do better if he'd actually do the exercises on his own. Twice a week isn't enough.

I need to do some fence upgrades today so I can wean some of these kids. Usually they are weaned when they are sold. Not working that way this year. I expect pure he// and havoc, lol.

Still working on the revamp of the breezeway. Waiting for shelving units and a rug to arrive. I've become a furniture assembly pro, lol.

We've had a couple of picture perfect days, but heat and humidity are creeping back in. I'm surprised we've been cool this long. Not looking forward to upcoming summer heat.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH has officially been discharged from Physical Therapy. Yay! He graduated, lol. Hopefully he'll keep the exercises up on his own. Hopefully!

Major milestone for him today. He drove to the drugstore, and went inside, ALL by himself! I was on pins and needles while he was gone, but he did ok.

It was warm and humid today. How do I know? Cuz I was outside in it most of the day. I re-did one stretch of fence that used to hold the hogs. It's amazing how much "small" pigs can damage a stock panel fence. They bent that stuff all to heck. Pen looks a lot better now and as soon as I can get feeders, waterers and hay racks in there I'll move some of the little goat guys in there. Plan is for that to happen tomorrow. Then I'll start milking a couple of the does. One is an established milker and the other a rank beginner. As soon as the newbie has it down she'll be offered for sale as a milker. :fl