hello from arklahoma

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hi everyone, someone left the gate open and i wondered over from backyard herds. i am a recent retiree who has farmed and loved it for way to many years. i currently have a small herd of purebred lamancha dairy goats plus a lamancha/nubian doe cross and her daughter. 6 katahdin sheep, 2 feeder pigs, 5 Muscovy ducks and more chickens than i can count. there is also a Maremma lgd, emma the house dog and my enforcer and lewis the cranky almost 20 year old cat and i almost forgot tar, the arab gelding. we all coexist on a 60 acre farm on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border, sort of right down tornado alley. i am a firm believer in doing all i can to provide for myself and saving money where ever i can. hope to learn a lot from youall and maybe share a tip or two myself.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome I'm hoping we can learn from you as well. And, you HAVE to post pics of your Arab. They're my favorite breed.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you got it goin' on! I am on TEG the most, but I come over here because I learn so much about being SS! Welcome! You'll fit right in!

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome to Sufficient Self! Sounds like you are living a very full life! Being as independent on others and society makes for a healthier body, mind and soul.

Enjoy all your adventures!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
933.JPG
1238.JPG
[[/ATTACH]denim deb, a couple of pix of Tar. his reg. name is prince tahar but i just call him tar or tar ball. his grand sire was the black stallion of the black stallion returns movie that did all of the race scenes. i have ridden horses all my life and i can honestly say that he is the fastest thing i have ever ridden, and when i was young and foolish i use to ride TB and quarter horses of the track so i am familiar with fast. i had planned on doing some endurance riding with him but hurt my back at work pulling up a very large patient and now he is a big pasture pretty. i keep thinking i need to find him a home where he will have a job but i haven't yet. he is a big sweetie

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
He's beautiful! Does Tahar have a meaning to it?