Hey Nifty...what's with this ad?????

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi Nifty...

I know you depend on ads to support SS. I wish you had subscriptions like you do for BYC, but why is an ad for RAID appearing on SS? The GREAT majority of us are organic and use natural pest control means. I know you may not have control over all the adds that are shown here, but this one really disappointed me. Please consider alternatives?

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't think Nifty has much to do with ad choices. It is possible that some one looked up roach poison and "lured" Raid to the site. I have been looking at wood burning heaters and am now being stalked by wood heater ads.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, I know Nifty isn't responsible, and I am seeing stove ads too. Wonder why this one came up for me? I don't even remember searching for anything related to bugs. I hate this kind of advertising, and wish we could eliminate it from this site...have an option like they do on BYC

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you want to help Nifty pay the bills so we can enjoy this FREE site, click on those annoying ads once in awhile. :thumbsup

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm all for organic, especially in the house but recently we have been besieged with cockroaches and lesser things like borax are just not working. Those electronic noise devices are a joke and it seems like that powder was just part of the smorgasbord. My friends living here have had the same problem. It was almost an overnight explosion. We are cleaning, spraying and bombing. My asthma is bad but I can't stand the bugs. You can't sit down to eat without them literally coming out of the walls. We moved here in March and can't believe how quick they have multiplied. I told DH it must be the government testing ways to drive people crazy, lol.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@MoonShadows it's very difficult to find enough niche specific advertisers that are interested in sponsoring a site like SS. When that happens we need to turn to third parties (like Google AdSense) to supply the ads, and unfortunately we have much less control over what ads they display.

With that said, we're always working very hard to have related and appropriate ads on our forums, so if you see an ad that is inappropriate (compared to other sites on the web like Cnn.com Yahoo, etc.) please let us know! To find and remove the ad we need to know as many details about the ad as possible. We work with many ad networks which makes it difficult to track down who is showing a specific ad.

If you see an inappropriate ad, here is what we need:
  1. A screenshot of the ad on the site
  2. The time & day(s) you saw the ad
  3. The "click URL" of the ad. One way to get this is to hover-over the ad and right-click and copy the link URL.
  4. PM to a Staff member or email to Support
(Note: for the ads that are inappropriate that slip through our filters, you probably won't want to click the ad. Hopefully you can still grab some info about the ad to make tracking it down easier)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm all for organic, especially in the house but recently we have been besieged with cockroaches and lesser things like borax are just not working. Those electronic noise devices are a joke and it seems like that powder was just part of the smorgasbord. My friends living here have had the same problem. It was almost an overnight explosion. We are cleaning, spraying and bombing. My asthma is bad but I can't stand the bugs. You can't sit down to eat without them literally coming out of the walls. We moved here in March and can't believe how quick they have multiplied. I told DH it must be the government testing ways to drive people crazy, lol.

You might want to call in professional help if they are that bad. I hate them. Feel for ya'.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think its that way everywhere. I was at the courthouse yesterday and saw cockroaches crawling from under the door of one of the offices. We got the number of an exterminator but it may be a while before we can afford to get him. I see his truck all over town so he must stay busy. Oh yeah, i didn't even mention the rats the size of cats. My house stinks of dead rats. I put out some poison the feed store told me would work. I don't know if its rats in the walls smelling but I hope so. They have ate about a pound of poison so far and the chickens found a nest of babies and ate them. I'm afraid to let the grandbabies spend the night we have so much vermin.