HomesteaderWife- Wolf Branch Journal

HomesteaderWife

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
image.jpeg

We have a journal that's been kept over on Backyard Herds, but for the most part our adventures would be better kept here. We are the Burnette family from central Alabama, and we live at Wolf Branch Homestead. We currently have 4 dogs, 4 chickens, 7 ducks, and 1 goat (who is about to get a buddy). My husband and I made an investment in a portable sawmill by selling and saving, and have a cabin almost complete from wood we have milled ourselves. We also sell lumber for others and cut for them. We also raised the hard to find Hastings' Prolific heirloom dent corn this year and we are selling seed from it currently. I'll update with more later on but for now, I'll answer some of the suggested questions to introduce us:

Names: Richard and Fala
Birthday: Both of us in August
Hometown: Richard is from Clay County and Fala is from Montgomery
Current Residence: Clay County
Relationship Status: Married
Political Views: None
Religious Views: Proudly Christian and blessed by God

Activities: Spending time together, working the sawmill, tending animals and the garden, hunting, trapping, fishing, and church!

Interests: The outdoors and self sufficiency. We recycle and repurpose items most people throw out.

Favorite Music: Country and rock

Favorite TV Shows: Live Free or Die, Alone, and The Strain

Favorite Movies: The Punisher, Shenandoah, Hondo, The Conjuring series, and others

Favorite Books: Survival and self-sufficiency books

About Me: Just check out what we wrote above!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome! So glad you've decided to make an "official" entrance here. I've read your postings on BYH, but glad you've settled here also.

I love hearing about all the things you are involved in.

:welcome

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Officially, now ---

All the pics are lovely BUT the swimming ducklings steal your heart. You just want to pluck them up and snuggle.

HomesteaderWife

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Mini Horses - The ducklings are extremely sociable at over a month old now. They're still too small to be out with everyone else just yet. We handle them a lot and as soon as they hear you they start peeping and come up to you.

@baymule - Thank you! We are getting there slowly but surely.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing all the pictures. Lovely!