i cut a big chunk out of the tip of my finger

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's gonna be a tough one to heal. Looks so deep and like there is a piece missing. Ugggg.... Take care of it. Thanks for letting us know.

g

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Now, THAT's gonna hurt for a looooooonnnnnng time! Did he recommend anything to keep it clean or to promote a moist wound bed for good healing?

jjhuntsalot

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
He gave me some bactracin zinc ointment to apply 3x daily and told me to keep it dry for three days, wrap it with a plastic bag when i took a shower.

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I did this SAME thing a couple weeks ago! Same finger, same side of the nail, same tool...although I was cutting potatoes. :p

I know it is too late, but this is what I did:

I used a butterfly closure to pull the skin together as best as I could, then put lavender oil on it. I covered that with a scooby doo bandaid (this may have been the thing that helped lol) to absorb the blood. I kept it somewhat elevated, but I did finish making dinner.

After a couple hours, I changed the closure and the bandaid again, then put lavender on it again. (always after, or they wont stick!) The next day, I left it open, but with the closure on it. The third day I took the closure off completely. I still have a small scab hanging on there, but it should be completely healed within the next week.

Happy Healing!

Latest posts