Join A Bean Growing Network

BlueJay77

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I have been operating a bean growing network on a sister site to Sufficent Self call TheEasyGarden.com. for the last 3 growing seasons. The bean network is called "The Little Easy Bean Network" I have a number of growers who help in preserving heirloom bean varieties, but also some are interested in growing and testing some new outcrosses. I would like to attract additional growers to this effort. If you would like to see what we are about you can view this years LEBN thread at http://www.theeasygarden.com/threads/2015-little-easy-bean-network-old-beans-should-never-die.16903/.

Joining our network family would also be a way for you to acquire some new beans to grow on your homestead. Hope we will see some of you there.

Sincerely
Bluejay77 (my screen name on TheEasyGarden.com)

ChickenMomma91

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am also on TEG and am excited to be part of the bean network this year :). C'mon I know someone has some heirlooms to add or is looking for something new.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
my problem is that I have such a short growing season- 90 days, and snow can and HAS fallen any day of the year; I hesitate to use up space in my garden on beans that may take 120 days to mature. If you have anything that would work in a short season, let me know.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Hmm, cool concept. I'm not sure I'm ready for something that involved yet... I'll have to keep an eye on it and learn more!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Britesea he usually posts his list and pictures the first of April. It includes a short description. I am sure if you PM'd @BlueJay77 and asked about a cool season bean, he might have something for your climate and area.