New chick on scene hey hey to all SS members

basschick2305

Power Conserver
Reaction score
OK well I'm new as u can tell lolz! From west TN , mom of 2 , always looking for the simple things in life. I don't mind the hard work that comes with these so-called simple things. I've got 4 ducks that I've raised & a few cats n dogs. Workin on getting a few other critters as well. I enjoy being able to create something new outta something old & best of all knowing that its useful to what I'm doing. I am looking forward to seeing what all I am going to learn here & the interesting ppl that go along with it.

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome to Sufficient Self!

Make yourself at home and we look forward to learning more about you! :)

basschick2305

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thx guys for all the welcomes lolz. I'm here to learn & socialize. I appreciate all the warm "welcomes" & look forward to all the knowledge to come. I'm also a member of the backyard chickens & love their page as well. Even tho I am a newbie to the sites I am not a newbie to livin life on a tight budget & making do with what I have. Lol I'm looking to further this know-how & all my redneck skills. Proud to be me & get in where I fit in!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome to SS!! Yeah, BYC was my entry drug too! :lol: I learned a lot here on SS, but mostly hang out on TEG. I have a garden, chickens, 3 ducks, 3 dogs, 1 mule and 3 horses. You will like it here, lots of nice folks!

basschick2305

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yes @Britesea those are my khaki Campbell Quacker's lol! We started off by justifying the purchase as we were getting them for our kids at easter. We quickly figured out tho that they were much more than just a duck & 2 much work for our oldest to handle alone. We did some research on the breed & found out how awesome they are. They were only a few days old when we got them & we have put alotta hard work & love into these lil critters. We have 3 drakes & 1 Suzie. We will (hopefully) be getting a few more females as to even out the ratio lol. Thnx for the compliment. As u can c I'm pretty fond of 'em! :)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a Suzy Khaki too... why is that name so perfect for a duck? Right now she's sitting on a nest of 18 eggs... OUTSIDE the duck yard. I'm hoping no predators discover her over the next 3 weeks (she's already done one week).

Latest posts