New

Sylvia H

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and hoping to learn a lot.

This is our first year with chickens and find that we have more questions than answers but they're fun anyway. We got our first babies in February and as soon as the coop is done they will find themselves living outside. They have had a sheltered existence up till now with individual attention and lots of veggies. But I'm really ready for them to learn that outside is better than inside.

This is our second year with our garden. Last year was a true learning curve and we started planting late so this year we started our seeds early and I'm already getting beans. My blueberries are already growing and I'm excited.

I'm looking forward to learning how to can so I don't have to put up with the beans from the store.

We also got bees this year and so far everything is humming along. :p

We have jumped in with both feet I know but I would like us to be somewhat self sufficient. We can't have livestock so that's out of the question. I can't think of anything else we can do right now. I'm sure I'll have a million questions.

Thanks for having me.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:frow welcome to SS!
If you've questions and the burning desire to learn you've come to the right place!

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello there and welcome to SS!

Sounds like you have many interests to keep you busy!! Every little bit helps toward self sufficiency too. :)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome! If livestock is out of the question, you can still have rabbits, chickens, ducks....