Stephanie from Michigan..

StephanieR

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hello! My name is Stephanie and I am from Michigan(sorry about the restating of the title)My husband and I are passionate about being self-sufficient but we are at the beginning of the journey! We just bought eight acres of land and are about to raise our first chickens! I was raised a city girl so I'm very excited about producing things for ourselves and teaching our children how to be self sufficient.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm sure you and your DH will find this a truly incredible journey! Sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome
I live in rural MI - aka I can't even get cell service here, so it must be the boonies :p

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome! I learned tons of stuff here. I now mill my own flour and cornmeal. It's soooooo good! Be sure to check out www.theeasygarden.com a sister site to this one.

StephanieR

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
As long as I use verizon I can get service most places! :) But any other cell service is pretty unreliable...

bluebirdnanny

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hello Stephanie! I am also Michigan based! SSdreamin I am also Rural..very rural..only 6 properties on my side of the street and 1 on the other. Wetlands area and state land at the end of street. Of the five properties only 4 of us are full time.