Super Newb

xoxocammyxoxo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hello everyone!!!!!!!!! Super excited to be here! No I'm not normally this ecstatic but YAY! I found this place! Five years ago I started poking around with the idea of becoming self sufficient but didn't know where to turn. Five years later, I still have no idea but here I am! So excited! I look forward to learning SO MUCH! Thank you for having me

xoxocammyxoxo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
That's a long list :lol:

Right now I'm trying to learn about gardening and livestock. I have some very basic knowledge but I'd like to learn more about organic practices and gardening in small spaces. I have started researching heritage breeds and have found a few I like and would be interested in but because of where I live now, that's going to have to wait until I buy my own place. So I just do a lot of reading right now.

I have very small experience in dehydrating and own a dehydrator that was given to me without a temp gauge and probably is on it's last leg but it works for bananas. I've never canned but listening to people who've done canning and dehydrating for years I get the impression they'd rather dehydrate than can when they have the choice. I am a decent cook but it would be nice to learn more about how to make some things from scratch instead of getting it at the store. I have a lot of experience sewing. Uhm.... Yeah, a lot of everything I guess

I don't want to go off the grid. My fiance loves his computer and internet to much for that. But I want to be able to survive if something happens

xoxocammyxoxo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Yes. I actually have this same username through all four of the sites now... because I got bored and went on them all.

xoxocammyxoxo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I was actually already a member of the livestock one. I signed up for that one back when I signed up for the chicken site. I had cows and horses back then. A lot of things have happened sense then.

xoxocammyxoxo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
frustratedearthmother I responded to you but its "awaiting mod approval"

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Welcome to SS! There's tons to learn and plenty of wonderful folks willing to share their knowledge :) I've only started my own SS journey (within the last year) but have already learned so much from everyone! Remember the old saying: There are no stupid questions!
:D

Latest posts