TEXAS

MutzFarm

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Howdy Ya'll from South Central TEXAS.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OMG - if it gets any deeper my regular rubber boots won't work - I'll have to move into waders, lol. Only the geese love it!

MutzFarm

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
OMG - if it gets any deeper my regular rubber boots won't work - I'll have to move into waders, lol. Only the geese love it!

LOL!
Its great for us to even see water stand around here. Kinda hurts the pocket book, but we need the rain.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I vaguely remember that feeling a couple years ago, lol! I'd be glad to send some your way.

MutzFarm

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I vaguely remember that feeling a couple years ago, lol! I'd be glad to send some your way.

When this drought thing started over here 6 years or something like that ago we mowed the grass the weekend before Easter and didnt mow it again till the following Easter. I suppose it could be worse, but the rain now is awesome.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Two years ago my neighbor's well actually went dry. My well is considerably deeper so I allowed them to tie into my line. Later that year my own pump burned out because of that and the fact that I watered my garden just a wee bit too much, lol. So, while this rain is a bit of a pain in the rear, I try not to complain too much. It's an inconvenience for me, but I feel more sorry for the animals who have to live in the mud for a couple more weeks.

I'm sure in the midst of July I'll be wishing for a little mud!

MutzFarm

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Two years ago my neighbor's well actually went dry. My well is considerably deeper so I allowed them to tie into my line. Later that year my own pump burned out because of that and the fact that I watered my garden just a wee bit too much, lol. So, while this rain is a bit of a pain in the rear, I try not to complain too much. It's an inconvenience for me, but I feel more sorry for the animals who have to live in the mud for a couple more weeks.

I'm sure in the midst of July I'll be wishing for a little mud!

I know all bout that dry well also. The county came and dropped a number of wells below the depth of ours. The city bout them out. I argued with both. They won. I bought their meter and pay a bill now.