Wanted: Rose Hips

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Willing to buy or trade for chemical free rose hips. Wild or garden variety are fine, though wild are preferred. I'll take just about all that you have! I need a good source of vitamin C!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Nobody even has rose plants they don't spray that could collect hips for me?? Every rose has hips, and they are all useful, though wild is better than garden varieties. This is one of the best sources of vitamin C and I really want to try making teas.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All the wild ones we have here don't taste good. I'm going to eventually plant some with good tasting hips.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Same here. And I don't have any cultivated ones.

Smart Red

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a few here in south-est, central-est Wisconsin but suspect shipping them would be more expensive than you'd want. Mine are from a Robin Hood hedge rose and are delicious as well as rather large. No chemicals -- ever -- and these have over 20 years on the property.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Cool, @Smart Red What do you think shipping would be? I'm pretty willing to pay for them since I just can't find them here. I have a friend with domestic roses, but I have no idea how they'd taste in comparison.
I assume these would be fresh and not dried? Have you ever dried them before? I suspect I will be drying a large amount of them so that they keep.
I want them for the high vitamin C value that they have, I'm trying to work on getting rid of my allergies, and the more vitamin C from a good quality source I can get the better! I don't trust buying tablets in stores much anymore...
Feel free to drop me a message if you want to try to figure out what shipping might cost from me to you.

hqueen13

Reaction score
That is interesting, BayMule! Rose Hips definitely come in as some of the highest. I really want to get my hands on some!

Lawana

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi, I am brand new on here. Can't wait to get to know everyone. I will have wild rosehips soon. We have totally changed our lives with wild rose hips and mullein tea. I will try to get some for you. We are just about to start picking and then we have drying time. We have bought them before from The Bulk Herb Store when we ran out. I don't think they are as potent as wild ones though. As for taste... I don't know how ours are for taste as I have only ever used the tiny, potent, wild ones. They are good with mullein and local honey.