1/3 Life "Crisis"

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So I know on such a small forum it sucks when people just disappear (even if you have no idea who they are...activity is good), but I've been feeling pretty terrible, mostly stemming from an inability to come to terms with what I want to do with my life. And I'm not any closer now then I was 2 months ago, but I feel mildly better, so there's that.

Um, so ya, I'm actually just saying "hi" again :rolleyes:
I hope everyone is well :thumbsup

IMG_20170903_193406719_HDR.jpg

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I just felt a little bad since I only joined in june :\ :rolleyes:(traveled over from byc)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome back! I did wonder where you were. I don't know though, are we supposed to know what to do with our lives? Lol, but seriously I'm glad you're feeling better!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Welcome back! I did wonder where you were. I don't know though, are we supposed to know what to do with our lives? Lol, but seriously I'm glad you're feeling better!

For sure! But it's the difference between aimlessness and at least some direction. And every person needs different dosages of each!

Since my farm plans with my sister fell apart in March I've been feeling pretty lost; I have the absolute luxury of choice and can't seem to get to a place where I can start making decisions. So that guilt is pretty overwhelming. And it's been taking a toll on me and by extension my family. Slowly getting worse until I hit a little low spot in August.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome back. Gorgeous picture! (Should post that in picture of the week!)
My daughter in law is having some of the same issues with life as you are right now. I'm really glad you came back to say hi and to check in. It is hard sometimes when people just disappear and you have no way to check on them. I'm glad you're back. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There is a Winona Judd song that says;
When you hit rock bottom you got 2 ways to go,
Straight up or sideways

Sounds like you've been muddling around sideways. Grab holt of your belt loops, hitch up your britches and get to climbing back up!

Plans fall apart. Things go wrong. Life can get you down. But every day is a brand new day and a brand new start. Life is good.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you decided to reappear.

Since my farm plans with my sister fell apart in March I've been feeling pretty lost; I have the absolute luxury of choice and can't seem to get to a place where I can start making decisions

You may want to try to see why you have this situation by making a couple of lists. ONE, the pros and cons of a farm with sister...why you wanted it & planned to do with it.

Then make a list of why it is no longer what you want, to decide if you DO still want the farm/activity you sought, or not, or a modified version. If you still want the farm life, list how you can have it, what to overcome, etc. This should also help you decide if the "farm" is the problem or a disappointment in your sister. Address your true feelings, forgive & move forward. Sometimes writing things down helps us clarify our feelings and work with them.

I wish you the best. Remember, we are always here for you to vent, inquire, & share your progress & challenges. Most of us have been where you are at least once. :hugs

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sometimes plans going wrong, or things not working out turn into a blessing in disguise. Everything happens for a reason. Hang in there and stay positive. The others gave you great advice above. As Mini Horses said, we're here if you'd like to talk about anything :hugs

And I love the pic!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I agree with everything that's been said. When you get an idea of what you want to do - just take that first step. You don't have to do everything at once. Start small and build on every little victory.

Glad you're back and hope to hear more from you - the good, the bad, and the ugly, lol! Before long I hope the good outweighs the others!

Latest posts