100 Things Challenge - Join Me!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I can't do 100 things. But I could stand some serious downsizing. I don't have clutter, but a lot of stuff that I don't necessarily need. Who's with me on a challenge? Post when you declutter - and if your donate, maybe add the value / tax deductible of your donation.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
it's time for another swipe at my closet. the last few dregs of clothing i've outgrown.

that's the only big big thing i have to do for de-clutter. i own a LOT of stuff but i actually use all my kitchen things, and i sew, and i read. i odn't OWN much else besides.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm working in my closet today.

A yellow coat I have never worn. The cut is not right for me, but I do love the color.

A beautiful brown skirt I've never worn because I don't have brown shoes to go with it! Instead of buying brown shoes, I will donate the skirt.

2 blazers that are cute, but from 40 pounds ago. Having to admit that 1) I am not healthy enough to do the kind of work that requires those clothes and 2) I probably will never be that size again because of my medication... that was tough. I still have 3 that look great on me. That's comforting. Every once in a while I have to dress up for a city council meeting or something.

Nice googles I needed for a chemistry class in college. Hard to give because it is facing that I am not healthy enough to go to school.

A few things not worth mentioning.

Value for donation = $65

I'm encouraged and thinking about another non-100-things SS project. :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Wish you'd started this last week when I started purging! I've probably passed the 100 mark between donations and tossing. I have now boxed up 8 empty binders, 7 plastic envelopes and 3 sets of dividers for binders that will be stored in the attic for the next time one of us needs one, rather than buying new. That's 26 items total today.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
What does this mean, that you get rid of 100 things?
That works for me!! :gig

It's actually about living with only 100 personal things.

Someone mentioned in another thread. I googled it and it really spoke to me. Here is the best site I found, IMO. Besides the blog there are MANY (95) links to great websites with information and encouragement.

http://rowdykittens.com/2009/10/living-with-72-things/

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
abifae said:
it's time for another swipe at my closet. the last few dregs of clothing i've outgrown.

that's the only big big thing i have to do for de-clutter. i own a LOT of stuff but i actually use all my kitchen things, and i sew, and i read. i odn't OWN much else besides.
Books sound like clutter to me! Except my reference books for my job. Are you far away from a library?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
That's the website! You are crazy efficient with your Google searching, girl! :D

I really badly need to do some purging, but I have so much going on right now it is hard to focus on getting rid of things. Maybe having this thread around will keep me motivated to do some shedding in small batches.

Books, like personal letters, are one of those items I have a hard time getting rid of. I did get rid of a bunch a few years ago, when I moved, though. Some were really nice books too! I just knew I couldn't keep them because I was downsizing. I try to just keep reference books, good cookbooks, classics, and a few that really speak to me.

Kitchen tools are another category of "things" that bugs me. I have a bunch of items that I only use very rarely, but I bought them because I do need them every once in a while. I could go ahead and classify my canning equipment in this area, since it is seasonal. Then there are cookie cutters (very rarely used), ice cream maker (seasonal), extra food processor, etc., etc. :p I can't store most of that in my kitchen, because I try to keep the kitchen decluttered . . . so . . . . :barnie I have boxes of Kitchen stuff with no permanent storage space. :hit