2 states pass "Fire arms freedom act"

loriwy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Montana and Tennessee have passed a state law prohibiting the feds from regulating guns in state! Over 3/4 of the other states have intraduced it.
Their argument is the 10th amendment of the constitution. That the feds cannot regulate intrastate commerce.
GOOOO STATES!!!
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=123419

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Keep politics out of any replies here. Guns are a self-sufficiency issue, so this will stay open as long as posts remain on point.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Looks like they actually read the whole second amendment :D

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When I lived in the city, I used to be nervous about guns. I guess because there is not really a need for them there, except to defend yourself from an intruder in your home bent on doing you harm.
After moving down south to the country & being chased by a rabid racoon and finding a copperhead in the hen house, I've discovered they are necessary. Especially if you have to put holes in your burn barrel or for blowing up all those leftover watermelons no one wants. :)

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
meriruka said:
After moving down south to the country & being chased by a rabid racoon and finding a copperhead in the hen house, I've discovered they are necessary.
meriruka- did you see my rabies thread?
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4579
I don't want to hijack this one so early, but could you tell us on that thread how you knew it was rabid? what to look for? thanks.

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok, posted to the rabies thread, here's what I wrote:

I had a rabid racoon (I think). Even for a city girl, it was easy to see this thing had issues. It was 5 PM in August (broad daylight) I heard a weird hissing noise and looked up to see it 20 feet away and coming right for me. It was staggering a bit and it looked disoriented and glassy eyed. I ran into the house for the gun and it was standing by the door when I came back. So, I opened the window and put it out of it's misery and to be honest, because it scared the heck out of me.

I did not have it tested, and I'm no expert on wildlife or rabies symptoms, but racoons should not be hissing & staggering after humans and during the daytime.

So I can't verify with absolute certainty that it was rabid, but as it had no visible injuries, I think it was.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Thanks!

I own several guns. I have a little 22 derringer with a pearl handle. Purse size. I can hit a pop can from 30 ' so it is sighted well and I have very good aim, despite being left eyed and right handed.
I've got a bolt action 410 shotgun, my favorite, had since I was 25.
A 12 gauge which is too much power for me, esp in the shoulder.

I plan to get my conceal and carry permit this year.

A girlfriend participated in a biathlon that involved running and shooting a rifle. Try holding steady after a 10K, although it would be good practice if TSHTF.

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Way to go Montana and Tennessee!

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Greg has a handgun but I'm getting him a Mossberg (did I spell that right?) for Father's day this year.