2012 Farm Days Schedule - Tractor Supply Store - Sanford, Maine

stano40

Power Conserver
Reaction score
farmdaysign.jpg

2012 FARM DAYS Schedule at the Tractor Supply Store Sanford, Maine

Starting May 12th to Oct. 6th Every Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm.

** Rain Dates will be on the following Sunday **

Everybody welcome, Come and enjoy a buy, sell or swap farm event for livestock, poultry, waterfowl, farm equipment & miscellaneous farm items.

As always no set up fees

------------------------------------

Facebook page for the Farm Day Sanford at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Farm-Day-Chicken-Swap-Sanford-Me/148682458536970?sk=info

Other Maine Swaps

April

April 28th Saturday confirmed!! pending weather- Augusta Tractor Supply (TSC) 8:30-1:00

May

May 27th Sunday Central Maine Bird Fanciers SHOW Windsor fairgrounds with tail gate sales

IT WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH VENDOR TO ABIDE BY STATE OF MAINE LAWS AND REGULATIONS; TO PROVIDE ANY REQUIRED LICENSING, ADEQUATE SHELTER, CAGING, WATER AND FOOD FOR THEIR ANIMALS; & TO CLEAN UP THEIR AREAS WHEN LEAVING.

Maine State Laws governing the sale of poultry/waterfowl & goats

Maine State Law:

MAINE RULES AND REGS ON SALES OF LIVESTOCK, POULTRY, WATERFOWL, MILK, CHEESE

http://www.maine.gov/agriculture/ahi/ahisr.html

5A. SCRAPIE TAGS FOR SHEEP AND GOATS ONLY TO APPLY FOR INTRASTATE MOVEMENT. VENDORS COMING FROM OTHER STATES TO SELL SHEEP OR GOATS NEED TO HAVE SCRAPIE TAGS OR INDENTS.

5B. birds do not need to be in the NPIP Program. Its great if your birds are Typhoid & Pollorum tested to keep these diseases out of US.

The only time you need to have tested birds is at a fair/show.

The only stipulations are that at public events in Maine you have to sell any birds under 8 weeks old in lots of 6, above the 8 weeks, they can go one at a time. Now, from your house or farm you can sell singular birds of any age.

You must purchase 6 from the one family the chicks are raised in, not 1 bird here, 1 bird there. (I believe its the pecking order and younger chicks could be harmed)

NO PROCESSING OR NEUTERING OF ANIMALS

Mammals must be completely weaned and minimum of 8 weeks old.

RULES FOR OUT OF STATE VENDORS

http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/01/001/001c206.doc

VENDORS DO NOT NEED A VENDORS LICENSE UNLESS THE VENDOR BUYS LIVESTOCK, POULTRY OR WATERFOWL TO RE-SELL

Certificate of Veterinary Inspection: A legible certificate signed by an accredited veterinarian and approved by the chief livestock official of the state or country of origin stating that the animals are free from signs of contagious, infectious and communicable diseases and containing the following:

1. An official identification number, or identification satisfactory to the commissioner, for each animal
2. Age, sex and breed of each animal
3. The results of any qualifying test
4. The exact address of consignor (sender) and consignee (receiver).
5. The expected date of entry

NH & out of state residents should have a copy of their NPIP form to show that the flocks of origin for their birds were NPIP certified.

Rule Chapters for the Department of Agriculture, Food and Rural Resources
01 001 Agriculture General

http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/01/chaps01.htmL

stano40

Power Conserver
Reaction score
eechick.gif
21 more Days to the beginning of Farm Day Sanford, Maine
eechick.gif

It's gonna be great meeting everybody again and we are hoping for a terrific season for Farm Days.

I'll be bringing 8 week old millie fleurs, our barn-yard mix of 3-4 week old chicks (predominately black australorp), 5-6 month old light brahma puller, buff brahma pullet, & a deleware rooster. A few year old hens may be coming if I can catch them.

Also available 1 rooster for FREE.

If I can find the cages I'll bring along some serama chickens for show. If you've never seen the smallest chicken in the world then you've got to come on down.

REMEMBER: This year the USDA & Maine will be looking for all no matter the age goats & sheep being sold, transported or shown to have scrapie tags. Scrapie tags are easy to get and you can also use a tattoo with your herd name provided to you by the USDA.

Need scrapie tags or info call the USDA at 866-873-2824 and ask for Gail. She is a very nice person and will answer all your questions.

Also the state of Maine has been sending unannounced persons to check to see if poultry & waterfowl under the age of 8 weeks are being sold by the 6 minimum requirement.

Hoping to see ya all at the swap.

bob

stano40

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It's official - TSC has OK'd May 5th to begin Farm Day.

May 12th will be the official opening which will tie into TSC's animal day.

So pack up the Poultry, Waterfowl, & Livestock and trot on down to Farm Day 9 am to 1 pm Saturday.

Hope to see ya at the swap.

bob

stano40

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It's gonna be great meeting everybody again and we are hoping for a terrific season for Farm Days.

I'll be bringing 8 week old millie fleurs, our barn-yard mix of 4-5 week old chicks (predominately black australorp), 5-6 month old buff brahma pullet, & a deleware rooster. A few year old hens may be coming if I can catch them.

Also available 1 rooster for FREE.

REMEMBER: This year the USDA & Maine will be looking for all no matter the age goats & sheep being sold, transported or shown to have scrapie tags. Scrapie tags are easy to get and you can also use a tattoo with your herd name provided to you by the USDA.

Need scrapie tags or info call the USDA at 866-873-2824 and ask for Gail. She is a very nice person and will answer all your questions.

Also the state of Maine has been sending unannounced persons to check to see if poultry & waterfowl under the age of 8 weeks are being sold by the 6 minimum requirement.

Hoping to see ya all at the swap.

bob

Read more: http://farmdaysanfordmaine.proboard...lay&thread=35&page=1#1334928833#ixzz1tcsJAVJi

stano40

Power Conserver
Reaction score
May 5th looked like it may be a wash out the night before due to rain. In the morning it was cloudy and a little chilly. We packed everything up and took a chance.

Good thing we did it turned out to be a nice day with lots of nice people buying and selling.

For an advanced farm day which was not originally scheduled until a week prior it was a good turn out.

MAY52012015.jpg

MAY52012014.jpg

MAY52012013.jpg

MAY52012012.jpg

MAY52012011.jpg

MAY52012010.jpg

MAY52012009.jpg

MAY52012008.jpg

MAY52012005.jpg

MAY52012004.jpg

MAY52012003.jpg

bob

stano40

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The next Original Farm Day swap at the TSC in Sanford Maine is May 12th from 9 am to 1 pm.

Come on and join the fun with friendly people and don't forget to visit the TSC store for great buys. They are going to have a coupon day that day.

Anyone going to the May 26th Scarborough swap should be aware that the person posting this swap on craigslist is inviting the state inspectors (indirectly) he says you can sell what ever you want, no 6 chicks under 8 weeks rule or scrape tags needed.

By posting this, I'm sure the state will be visiting. You don't have to worry if you are complying with the law, it's those that don't that get fined. (and yes, there were fines handed out in the past after photos were taken) .

bob

stano40

Power Conserver
Reaction score
May 12th swap is supposed to be in the 70's. I'll be bringing the millie fleur 8 week old chicks, our barnyard mix of chicks & anything else we can catch to bring on down.

We also have baby goats for sale. If interested please pm or email me.

Thanks and see ya at the swap.

bob

stano40

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Next Farm Day swap is May 19th from 9 am to 1 pm ....

see ya at the swap.

bob

stano40

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Next Farm Day Swap May 26th from 9 am to 1 pm

See ya at the swap

Sanford Farm Day - Maine's Premier & Original Farm Day Swap where it all began in Southern Maine