2015 tree project

Bishop Rowland

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
for the second year now, i have been starting trees from seed.

instead of showing u pics, i figured id just show u my youtube videos of my project im doing this summer. i have from seed: white oak, water oak, sawtooth oaks, american persimmon, wild (mexican) plum, and nectarines.

i also have trees i have planted on some family land from last year.

i enjoy gardening but i especially like fruit trees and bushes... if it dont grow some type of food for humans or wildlife, im just not interested in it.

here are a few of the videos i do have pulled up.

hope a few of u are interested in this and we will see just how much they will grow this summer.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYVzMmvAwXAcQL0wK8itkiA/videos

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds like quite a collection. And, :welcome

Bishop Rowland

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
yeah, i have even more at the farm place...im tying to have as much variety as i can...

Bishop Rowland

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
we have had so much rain the last couple of weeks that my potted trees are looking really bad....hoping to get a few days of sunshine this week.

im also planning on doing a chestnut tree project from seed next year...anyone have any opinions or advice about that? from what i read about tests done on the subject, deer will eat chestnuts over acorns 100 to 1...so im wanting to add that to my back pasture for the deer and whatever other wildlife wants to eat them.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Are you talking about American chestnuts, or imported? American chestnuts are almost impossible to find since they were almost completely wiped out. And I'm not sure what ones you can plant in their place.

Bishop Rowland

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
yeah, im prolly just gonna have to end up buying seedlings instead of starting them from seed...there is a native nurseries close to me that im gonna try to get maybe 24-50 from.... from what i understand, the trees they sale have a lil bit of american, chinese and european in them....

Denim Deb

Reaction score
That sounds like an interesting nursery. I know we don't have anything like that around here.

Bishop Rowland

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
i looked back at their page...its a mix of american, chinese, european and korean....so. yeah, im lucky to have that where im at. do u have any chestnut trees on ur place, deb?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Nope. We only have a little more than 1/2 acre here and I don't want the mess. We already have a lot of trees as it is, and the majority of them are oaks, so I have a ton of acorns to deal with!

Bishop Rowland

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
what type of oaks, if u dont mind me asking...?