2022 Resolutions List

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I revised my resolutions, I crossed off the one about planning meals a day in advance. Easier to not buy junk food than to make a plan. :lol:

I have not been faithful with indoor bike routine the past few days. However, I've been able to sit at a table to work at my computer rather than laying in bed (which has been the case since I had flu in December), so I'm still feeling like I'm making progress. Must return to bike routine anyway!

i stretched a bit today. my legs are always tight, it takes a long time for me to get them to stretch, my lower back is always iffy so i have to also be careful that i'm not shifting things too quickly or i can end up making things much worse. still been doing leg exercises as i have to keep my legs in shape for gardening season or spring is hard on me to get those back into shape. no problems with knees so far. it actually helps my knees to keep my legs strong. i know i've been slacking off too much when my left knee starts to ache - that injury happened when i flew over the handlebars of the motorcycle and hooked my toe on the grip as i flew by.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So my new approach may be working. Attacking in small chunks. Keep at it until my worry I should be doing something else kicks in.
It took me a few weekends, but the box of old financial stuff is shredded - some 20 years old.
I need to do this! I have boxes of my mom's old records plus some of my stuff. I was going to set the HUGE pile of branches on fire, but the buyers are looking forward to a bonfire, LOL I guess I'll take it with me and deal with it at the new to me house.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes! The clutter here is unreal! I’m sort of in a stalemate of not knowing where to start also. And my husband has hoarder tendencies… that’s always helpful🙄

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
y'all started it. I'm blaming @FarmerJamie :lol:

DS14 trashes my mudroom every day. It's a whole new level of disgusting I didn't believe existed before I had kids. I have him clean it almost every day. He does that as well as a below-average teen.

There is a bench that has been in the room since we bought the house. DS14 jams crap around it. Whatever falls out of his backpack? lunch wrappers, food crumbs, paper airplanes made up of worksheets, etc. I'm done. Just completely done. :somad I moved the bench out of the room. His backpack isn't coming home from school anymore. :somad

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My anxiety is I want be be ready to move and be stress free about it. The move into this place was a disaster
You are dreaming. There is no such thing!
If you want to be stress free about moving, the only way to do that is make up your mind that you aren't going to let things get to you. Mind over matter. Worry with it all you can, change what you can, then give it to God and get on with life.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@flowerbug you don’t have kids right? Just saying…

oh ghods no, i'd never inflict myself upon a child. besides being near spectrum myself i also know how selfish i am and what i really need to be happy and while i can tolerate children to some extent there are times when i absolutely do not want to be around anyone else (including a child). IMO you can't do that to a child, especially at a young age. also i think it makes a huge difference between having a child of your own, you get into it as it happens, vs. having them come along later when you get blasted with it all at once (aka no skills at all and no chance to really learn until you do damage later and that's no help to a child at all).

Mom is a good parent, Dad was a disaster (he's ok with very young children up to the age of 2 and then abandons them because he can't cope with someone he can't absolutely control - at least that is how i interpret his actions from when i see him now and know about how he treated me). there's a certain bond at a young age and when that gets broken for no known reason or explanation a child may either cope with it well or not. i didn't and still don't and i know that about myself too :)... um, long story short i guess... :)

And moving would be great… the housing market here is not conducive to doing so!

that is probably the same for a lot of people right now.