2022 Resolutions List

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Les’see…. I’m moving. I can break it down into 23 pages or just say I’m moving.

1. I’m moving
2. I’m refinishing the floors here for the new family when I get all this mess out of here.
3. Be happy where I am.
4. Look for HOME. I’ll know it when I see it.
5. Take my time and not be in a hurry.
6. Already lost weight. Goal was 135, weighed 131.8 this morning. Having second glass of eggnog. Covid diet, don’t recommend. Followed by grief diet. Don’t recommend that either.
7. Do 10 sit ups 3 times a week. I can do 50, but my back gets sore and hurts for a week. Add 5 sit-ups per week until I reach 50. Level off for awhile, then 5 more per week until I reach 100 sit-ups 3 times a week. It strengthens my back.
8. Transfer pile of papers to 4 drawer filing cabinet. Organize paperwork in LABELED hanging file folders.
9. Get rid of crappy 2 drawer filing cabinet.
10. I need left knee replacement.
I had to go retrieve my starting list. Let’s see what I’ve actually gotten done!

#1. Yep. Sold Lindale farm, moved everything to son’s house on 2 acres in Trinity county. Lived in stacks of boxes with a trail winding between them.

#2. Refinished floor in one room. New family was in such a hurry to move in, they said don’t worry about it. Floors still look bad, not my problem now. LOL

#3. Nailed it!

#4. Found it! Moved again, partly anyway. Still stuff in son’s house. Some I’m getting rid of, some I need to build shelves here to fit. Cabinets here have 10” openings. Can’t get my big dehydrator, All American canner, etc. stacks of canning jars, supplies in any cabinet anywhere in this double wide. Still have tools in shipping containers, got to get finished moving. Had to stop due to #10.

#5. Yep. Took my time, found new farm, then shifted into overdrive and stomped on it.

#6. WTH doing a good job of keeping it at or below 138. After epic move to son’s house, I collapsed and got round 2 of Covid. Eh.

#7. Nope. I kept up with them pretty good until I found new farm. Then channeled all energy into building fence in 100 degree heat, going inside at noon, doing interior of mobile home to suit me. Not finished due to #10.

#8. Sorta kinda half way, but no. Moved 4 drawer filing cabinet to new home, crappy 2 drawer still at son’s house.

#9. See #8.

#10. Did it! September 27, 2022. I’m 5 weeks out from knee replacement surgery and walking better than I have in YEARS. Going to PT twice a week. First 2-3 weeks were pretty rough, didn’t take fist full of prescriptions, didn’t like side effects. Muddled through pain on Arnicare rub, Arnicare pills and a few Tylenol. When that failed, I had a pity party and cried. I’m doing so good now! Still a ways to go, taking things easy. So GLAD I shut everything down, finished or not and did this for ME. It was years overdue.

It’s been a tumultuous year. Life changing, not always in a good way, but I kept chugging forward. Lots of loss, love of my life husband of 25 years, 2 ewes, 5 lambs, 13 year old female Great Pyrenees, Paris, 7 year old male Great Pyrenees, Trip, to cancer. I got sh!t at and hit from all directions.

I’m in new farm, new knee, got another ram, on list for Anatolian puppy, going to small local church only 2 miles away, making new friends. I have my moments. Why in HE!! Did I buy 25 acres with grown up fence rows that barely held in the cattle? I’ve got a LOT to do at a time in life when most people are scaling down, I’m scaling up on steroids. I’m a cross between a Cat4 hurricane and a bulldozer. Right now I’ve been down graded to a Tropical Storm and my bulldozer threw a track. But with a new knee under me, clear out of my way!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had to go retrieve my starting list. Let’s see what I’ve actually gotten done!

#1. Yep. Sold Lindale farm, moved everything to son’s house on 2 acres in Trinity county. Lived in stacks of boxes with a trail winding between them.

#2. Refinished floor in one room. New family was in such a hurry to move in, they said don’t worry about it. Floors still look bad, not my problem now. LOL

#3. Nailed it!

#4. Found it! Moved again, partly anyway. Still stuff in son’s house. Some I’m getting rid of, some I need to build shelves here to fit. Cabinets here have 10” openings. Can’t get my big dehydrator, All American canner, etc. stacks of canning jars, supplies in any cabinet anywhere in this double wide. Still have tools in shipping containers, got to get finished moving. Had to stop due to #10.

#5. Yep. Took my time, found new farm, then shifted into overdrive and stomped on it.

#6. WTH doing a good job of keeping it at or below 138. After epic move to son’s house, I collapsed and got round 2 of Covid. Eh.

#7. Nope. I kept up with them pretty good until I found new farm. Then channeled all energy into building fence in 100 degree heat, going inside at noon, doing interior of mobile home to suit me. Not finished due to #10.

#8. Sorta kinda half way, but no. Moved 4 drawer filing cabinet to new home, crappy 2 drawer still at son’s house.

#9. See #8.

#10. Did it! September 27, 2022. I’m 5 weeks out from knee replacement surgery and walking better than I have in YEARS. Going to PT twice a week. First 2-3 weeks were pretty rough, didn’t take fist full of prescriptions, didn’t like side effects. Muddled through pain on Arnicare rub, Arnicare pills and a few Tylenol. When that failed, I had a pity party and cried. I’m doing so good now! Still a ways to go, taking things easy. So GLAD I shut everything down, finished or not and did this for ME. It was years overdue.

It’s been a tumultuous year. Life changing, not always in a good way, but I kept chugging forward. Lots of loss, love of my life husband of 25 years, 2 ewes, 5 lambs, 13 year old female Great Pyrenees, Paris, 7 year old male Great Pyrenees, Trip, to cancer. I got sh!t at and hit from all directions.

I’m in new farm, new knee, got another ram, on list for Anatolian puppy, going to small local church only 2 miles away, making new friends. I have my moments. Why in HE!! Did I buy 25 acres with grown up fence rows that barely held in the cattle? I’ve got a LOT to do at a time in life when most people are scaling down, I’m scaling up on steroids. I’m a cross between a Cat4 hurricane and a bulldozer. Right now I’ve been down graded to a Tropical Storm and my bulldozer threw a track. But with a new knee under me, clear out of my way!
You are amazing! It has been an honor and inspiration to follow you. I'd heard that people who are fit/active fare better after joint replacement surgery, but I had no idea how dramatic it could be!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are amazing! It has been an honor and inspiration to follow you. I'd heard that people who are fit/active fare better after joint replacement surgery, but I had no idea how dramatic it could be!
What a nice thing to say! Thank you.

You are inspirational to me. With all your health problems, you find ways to power through it all and remain positive. A positive attitude will take you a long way and you are living proof of it.

Sit on your butt and complain, next year you will still be sitting on your butt complaining. That’s how that works.

Get up off your butt, smile, push forward and don’t stop. Give away compliments to people, make them smile, be that person that makes their day. The checker at the grocery store, Random strangers, anybody, say something nice, they put up with a lot of crap from indifferent and rude people. Make them feel better and in doing so, you will feel better too.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Time to drag myself into being productive. Still pecking away at the garage. Trying to get the canning supplies organized better. Does it count as progress if I have purchased two new totes? 🤔

Slowly, over the wife's concerns, I am decluttering the kitchen pantry closet. I have thrown out stuff that is either way past expiration dates (over a year) or we will never use.

We stopped most of her Amazon auto order stuff that she set up during her panic over supply chain concerns a year ago. We now probably have over a years worth of cat litter and toothpaste.

Small steps continue.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
As the year draws to a close, I'll give myself a "B-" on my results.
The canning marathon derailed the decluttering, but was worth it. Progress made here and there, I am okay with the mixed results.

Next year:
- aggressively manage the household budget, I have a savings amount goal in mind
- find a home of our own, at least get something under contract
- lose 30 pounds, continue to reduce meds
- teach my daughters to can
- continue canning for us
- use garden to "play in" for stress relief
- continue declutter

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm a resolutions-type person. In 2021, I tried "no goals." Which was mostly great except it did not help me with health or fitness. Apparently I need goals in those areas.

1. I will do HIIT exercise every day for 4 weeks to increase mitochondria density. This should reduce fatigue. I plan to do this in the morning when I get home from dropping DS6 off at school, or at 9 a.m. on non-school days. If I miss my planned time, I will do it later in the day. I have 4 reserve days, which means that if I miss 4 days I will still consider this goal to be completed.
  2. I will use my bike for cardio conditioning every day from January - April. This will help me with heat acclimation and being fit enough for 4-H dog training group classes and for gardening. I have 32 reserve days. When I am successful using my bike every day in January (8 reserve days), I will reward myself with a bike computer that measures speed and distance.
  3. I will do moving meditation / yoga / stretching every evening. I will listen to podcasts while stretching as a reward. I have 104 reserve days.
  4. I will do a broth fast for 7 consecutive days. This intimidates me, so I've already started it to do it with @Trying2keepitReal I'm on Day 1.
  5. I will maintain a minimum of 18:6 time restricted feeding. I have 156 reserve days because I'm not feeling confident about this goal. I also made it 18:6 because of lack of confidence, even though I feel much better at 20:4 or 22:2.
  6. I will plan my meals 1 day in advance. This is my best strategy for maintaining dietary and fasting goals.

I want to obtain Fear Free certification(s). I've decided that running a business is not my thing, and I don't need income, so instead I will use my dog training skills in other ways to make my community better, such as volunteering at the local animal shelter and developing 4-H Dog Project curriculum.