2022 Resolutions List

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Les’see…. I’m moving. I can break it down into 23 pages or just say I’m moving.

1. I’m moving
2. I’m refinishing the floors here for the new family when I get all this mess out of here.
3. Be happy where I am.
4. Look for HOME. I’ll know it when I see it.
5. Take my time and not be in a hurry.
6. Already lost weight. Goal was 135, weighed 131.8 this morning. Having second glass of eggnog. Covid diet, don’t recommend. Followed by grief diet. Don’t recommend that either.
7. Do 10 sit ups 3 times a week. I can do 50, but my back gets sore and hurts for a week. Add 5 sit-ups per week until I reach 50. Level off for awhile, then 5 more per week until I reach 100 sit-ups 3 times a week. It strengthens my back.
8. Transfer pile of papers to 4 drawer filing cabinet. Organize paperwork in LABELED hanging file folders.
9. Get rid of crappy 2 drawer filing cabinet.
10. I need left knee replacement.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Four seconds! Who knew? I can probably even get DH to do that!

Oh - thought of a resolution. I WILL get my hair cut in 2022. A real haircut - with a real stylist.

I retired in Dec 2019. Covid showed up right after that and I re-discovered the pony tail. My daughter trimmed my hair once in 2020. I decided I could cut my own hair (ha) and attempted it once in 2021. Still rocking the pony tail, lol. It's getting so long that I have to have a folded ponytail now.

So - this is my resolution. It is attainable. It will happen before summer 2022.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother I may have you beat. When I quit work 10 years ago to care for my mom, I had just let my hair grow out from a lifetime of coloring it. It was short and white. I let it grow, except for a few trims, it is long. Ponytail? Yup. Second hair band? Yup. I’m thinking of going back to a long shag haircut. I used to have a shag cut, wash, rub with towel, shake head and done. Really thinking about it. When I get moved, I have a friend with a hair salon…….

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ok - I'm really not much for making resolutions because I hate to disappoint myself when I blow it, lol. However, while drinking coffee and watching morning television I saw the "Dry January" challenge. I can do that, lol. So, my second resolution of 2022 is no adult beverages for the remainder of January.
You got this!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's Monday. Did not do situps this morning. Still tired from last week, starting new week of working on Groveton house. Saving my energy, LOL Going to Kilz walls, paint, lay vinyl floor tile. Chris the carpenter is going to tape and float, texture, pull up carpet, tack strips, do the bag of floor leveler stuff and probably a lot of things I know nothing about. Got propane company coming Thursday to set the tank, run lines and hook up the range top.

Y'll have a great week!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you are getting close to moving! Is this the last room to fix up before you move?
Yes! The worst most messed up room in the house. We have worked all week, won’t be laying vinyl tile tomorrow, I’ll be back here Monday.

Once the house is ready, then I’ll move to the outside. I need to put up cow panel pens for the sheep. Both sides are fenced. Old chain link down one side that probably wouldn’t hold a chihuahua in. I’ll drive T-posts and run a 3 or 4 strand hot wire down that side. Other side is field fencing, in places a foot off the ground. I have wire scraps to fix that. The good news about that side is the T-posts are already there. LOL fence across the back, fence across the front, hang 16’ gates. Build sheep/dog shelter.

Then go find a farm to buy and do it all again. I’m an idiot.