Reaction score
Day 3 - Plant an edible
20211012_080142.jpg
Update. "They grow up so fast" 😍
20211014_200254.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hmm, maybe I should research them. I'm mildly interested but have been concerned about keeping them alive over winter. I don't think DH would appreciate an indoor worm colony. I've also mildly considered raising mealworms, but again, overwintering and not having them indoors have been my barriers to moving forward.

completely understandable. some people freak out when i tell them that i have 100,000 worms in my room here with me. it used to be closer to 200,000 but i've downsized the past few years.

i should say the population count does vary with the time of the year though. :)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do use a stick blender and I know it's supposed to be easy but it's usually not. However, the last batch I made actually thickened up - but it didn't taste so good. Dh won't eat anything but Hellman's so I need to make it taste really similar.
If you find a recipe that tastes like Hellmans/Best Foods let us know. I've never found a substitute. I don't particularly like mayo, but it's needed for some things. Most people I know will only eat that brand.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm still stuck on cleaning my kitchen. :gigDS14 washed dishes and everything he washed is dirty - including everything he put in the dishwasher. It's worse than when he started. He is helping DH hang steel siding so my kitchen will be messy for a while.

I'm forgetting what challenge day I'm supposed to be on. Somewhere around kitchen skills, kitchen scraps and compost.

I'm lazy about food scraps. Between goats and chickens I don't try much. Whatever they don't eat composts in place. That's my compost "pile" I guess.

Okay, cooking skills. Here's a list for newbies. https://www.cookinglight.com/cooking-101/12-cooking-skills-every-young-adult-should-learn

I'm trying nixtamalizing wheat berries for making flour tortillas. I converted nixtamalizing instructions to US units and started the process. :fl

Latest posts