5 gallons of fuel oil

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OH yeah! :weee The fuel oil company came for their watch dog delivery and it was 5.2 gallons (FIVE POINT TWO) to fill 'er up. We fired up our woodstove on October 19.

Last year we bought over 600 gallons for the season (over a couple o' thousand bucks worth).

Century Woodstove with glass door *hardly used - the wife said it was too dirty* - 250 (craigs list)
Hearth pad - 150 (craigs list) (brand-new, they bought the 42-inch but the room was too small for that)
Pipe, supplies - 500 (ACE Hardware is totally the place!)
Installing help - 200

So EVEN if you add in the giant oak tree we took down (which we had to ANYway because it was mostly dead and starting to fall on the house!) for $700...we're still ahead so far this year.

:clap

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
GOOD DEAL HAPPENING FOR YOU!

5.2 gallons....I bet they were SHOCKED!
LOL--must have felt great to see a low bill vs. that monster big one! :)

I know you are smiling. It feels good to save like that doesn't it. Makes it feel like you are truly helping yourself and your finances...I like that feeling too! :)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
That is an awesome savings!! And an ongoing savings!! Year after year it will be an even bigger savings! Way to go on keeping the fuel oil bill down too and not just using it instead of taking the time to light the fire!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Whoa that is great! Oh ya and thanks for the reminder...I ran out to check mine, figuring it was due for a fill and it was...I would have ran out during Christmas and had no way to cook anything, or run any suppliment heating! I fill mine twice a year sometimes 3x depending on the weather...I think this year will be 3...darn!