$5000 paper house in the news....

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I don't know which is crazier the 'bonus feature' or the fact that they said that dinky little thing is meant for 8 people!! That would be my whole family living in just my bedroom!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
All that lightweight paper, cellulose construction....hmmmmmm....all it needs a really long tail made of paper and string and the next tornadoe or hurricane can turn it into a kite! :lol:

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
All that lightweight paper, cellulose construction....hmmmmmm....all it needs a really long tail made of paper and string and the next tornadoe or hurricane can turn it into a kite! :lol:
My thoughts exactly!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
Wow, that is pretty crazy! I'm sure most Americans would find the bonus feature to be absolutely horrifying.... :lol:
kind of an ss house, wouldn't ya think? ;)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You know, we just built a guesthouse (not done yet, but by the time all is said and done we will have about $3500 in it. And it's made of wood:>) If I decided to put simple indoor plumbing in and a few extras it would come about equal in price...why paper??? It'll just get eaten by rodents and carried away. I don't get the point of this...recycling paper seems to be the only advantage here...but there are tons of ways to recycle paper

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
Probably some guy built it just to see if it could be done.... ;)
In the article it states this house is being manufactured by a Swiss company.

Apparently a few countries have placed orders for the UWH, including Nigeria and Angola,