freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Hey, cuallaidh, I didn't see the recipe section on the site you posted....I can be dense at times, though.

Does chocolate mead really taste like chocolate? I have a bunch of wild black cherry trees and I was thinking....chocolate cherry mead.....mmmmmmmm!

cuallaidh

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Hey, cuallaidh, I didn't see the recipe section on the site you posted....I can be dense at times, though.

Does chocolate mead really taste like chocolate? I have a bunch of wild black cherry trees and I was thinking....chocolate cherry mead.....mmmmmmmm!
You have to register to see the recipes section. Once you register and sign on you will see it. The chocolate mead does indeed have a chocolate flavour, its not strongly chocolate, just a sort of aftertaste. Chocolate cherry mead would be interesting. I am not sure that I posted my chocolate strawberry recipe yet because its not quite done yet, but I used Lord Rhys Liquid Sex chocolate mead recipe, and bastardized it a bit.

cuallaidh

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
once registered it should have sent you a confirmation email and then once you confirm you should have full access to the recipes section

cuallaidh

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
I just registered as well. :D I've made it as far as the Mead Jelly recipe, which looks like fun. I'll have to get me some jars and try it out, when mine is finally ready.
The Mead Jelly is excellent, I made mine out of my oak aged chai, it was excellent, unfortunately some of the jars didn't seal as good as they should have and I lost some of them, but still well worth it.

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We did it!!! I now have hard apple cider in gallon jugs, and my first batch of mead in the guest room closet! Started the apple cider a month ago and siphoned it out yesterday. Had to try a taste- I was expecting the worst (listerine, etc). But, it is already quite good and I am sure will only improve with time... Now the waiting begins on the mead. You guys also inspired me to try a blueberry liquor. That will be drinkable by the end of next month. All this SS, might turn me into a lush!

Latest posts