A great start to today!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I knew I had a box of hatching eggs waiting for me at the Post Office, so I went down to pick them up. Not just one, but I had THREE boxes of hatching eggs waiting for me! I am so excited!!

But that wasn't even the best part! When I got there, there was a FOURTH package.....it was the heritage seeds my mom and I went in together to order!! :weee :woot

And, to top that off, my husband is running down to the hardware (ok so he is actually going to drive, not run haha) to get the rest of the things I need to replace the roof on my banty coop. We are going to be spending the day AT HOME working on what we need done WOOT!! I am so glad! We have been going to my parents almost everyday to work on their truck and chicken pen so they can be ready for winter (step dad is not mechanical and mom needed some help, so we helped :) )

Today is proving to be a GREAT day so far!!

How's everyone else's days starting out? I hope all of you are having a WONDERFUL day too!!!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am excited for you! What kind of chicks are you hatching? It's nice that you have been helping your Mom.
Last weekend we finally added a couple more nesting boxes to my big coop and that made me feel better. Also one of my Silkies finally started laying yesterday!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I guess the correct question would be, what am I NOT hatching :gig

Right now, on day four in the 'bator, I have some mutts and Frizzles. I also have cuckoo marans and some maran mixes in there that we just set yesterday.

Today I got Silkies, Mille Fleurs (one can never have too many of these, I don't think), Light Brahmas, Salmon Favorelles, Silver Pheonix, and Blue Cochins!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW Quail you sure are having a great morning! FAB!
I love days like that when ya just sail thru with a smile on your face.
You are a great kid for helping the parents--that is the best feeling in the world when you can give back to them!--it is for me! :weee

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You really are hatching a big variety! I love the look of Mille Fleurs, they are on my list of sometime in the future. So are cochins, salmon favorelles, and marans. I got Welsummers this year and I am really pleased with the egg color. People want my eggs because they think the colors are so cool!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:weee I am so glad for you QA. I would much rather be doing what your doing. Tomorrow we send about 14 roosters to the freezer and pressure canner :barnie

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
And the day keeps getting better!! WOOT!!

I had a friend stop to visit, so I had a nice bit of company. While my friend was here, DH went out and started on my coop roof without me!! I felt bad that he was working on it, and he said he figured he would get out there and tear off the old pieces while I had my visit. He said he wanted us to have a nice visit without him or kids disturbing us! I love my hubby!!

He took the kids outside with him to play while my friend and I visited and he had taken off all the old tin roof! WOOT! We are having a quick lunch now, and then back out to finish the coop.

Oh and my mom may be over this afternoon to visit, too.

roosmom, I am sorry you are sending roos to the freezer, but at the same time, I wish I had some of butchering size to put in my freezer! and I wish I was there canning with you!! I so want to learn to can!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
That sounds so fine- I'm going down the hill to visit a friend today, go to an antique show, and do a little shopping at the grocery and the feed store. Weather is very fall- crispy. Good to do things.

Why do I resent spending a dime on clothes but not on feed-hmmmmmmmmm

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
And the day keeps getting better!! WOOT!!

I had a friend stop to visit, so I had a nice bit of company. While my friend was here, DH went out and started on my coop roof without me!! I felt bad that he was working on it, and he said he figured he would get out there and tear off the old pieces while I had my visit. He said he wanted us to have a nice visit without him or kids disturbing us! I love my hubby!!

He took the kids outside with him to play while my friend and I visited and he had taken off all the old tin roof! WOOT! We are having a quick lunch now, and then back out to finish the coop.

Oh and my mom may be over this afternoon to visit, too.

roosmom, I am sorry you are sending roos to the freezer, but at the same time, I wish I had some of butchering size to put in my freezer! and I wish I was there canning with you!! I so want to learn to can!
:frow
ENJOY your visit and stuff......I can just feel the love eminating off your post (for your hubby) you truly are having a spectacular day......I'll tell ya all about later...

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
:th I cannot believe how great today is going! Are people supposed to have days this good? :gig

I have eggs pipping right now under my broody hen! I thought they were all dead!!

Roof is about half done on the coop and we are getting ready to start the interior brooder!

I don't remember the last time we have had such a wonderful day!

On top of that, it is sunshiney, the kids are behaving (omg!), and my husband is just sooo chipper!!

Someone pinch me!!:gig

If ya'll aren't having as good of a day as me I am going to feel soooo guilty for creating this thread!!

Can't wait to hear all about it roosmom!

enjoytheride, I hope you have a great time at the car show!! and I have the same problem! I hate spending money on clothes, but I don't have any problems spending money on my chickens...hmmm not sure that is a good thing....my chickens are a serious addiction! :cool: