Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Must be a chic. He cleaned out both food bowls and hes gone again. :gig

We might have to get him fixed

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You make it just like chicken then? Do you soak it in buttermilk or anything first?
I may have a chance to get a fryer-rabbit and I want to convince DH to let me try raising them.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Let it rest in the fridge for a day. Then quater and soak in buttermilk over night. Batter and fry.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Several years in a row, I've offered to teach any one who is interested to do: hay bale gardening, or for that matter, any other type of gardening. I've put out notices, and have only had one person show any interest. I went to her house, looked over her property and gave her advice re: the best location to place a terrace/raised bed garden given the limitations of her property. Last fall, I offered to teach any one who was interested in learning how to do basic canning. Not a single taker. Yet, plenty of statements along the line of:

I wish I had time to grow a garden.

I would love to learn how to grow a garden.

I wish I could afford to eat better. Fresh or organic produce is so expensive. I can't afford it.

Then, there was the year I gave away free garlic sets, along with instructions. "How to plant garlic once, and have it for free for the rest of your life." The SMH dumb comment of the day: "Why would I want to do that? I can just go to the store and buy garlic."

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Then, there was the year I went and "helped" a co worker plant a small garden along one side of her foundation. She stood by and watched, while I dug and fertilized and planted. Every time I tried to engage her in the actual physical labor of it, she'd comment, "I'd better not. I'm not smart enough to do that." She who holds a bachelor's degree and supervised me in the work setting. I finally figured out who the "dumb one" was in this situation. Several weeks later, when the tomatoes were setting fruit, she laughed about the great pleasure her daughter had "picking the green balls and throwing them". She asked me to come help her the next year. I told her I would be busy that day.