Ahhhh . . . just the best day

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Well, it's here. It is officially spring. Our first weekend of spring has been glorious.

It's the time we have been dreaming about all winter long. Dreams that have sustained us through thawing out waterers, bone chilling winds and that one 3" snow that we got here in the south.

It's been the kind of day when you wear a jacket in the morning and you are peeling it off by noon. A day that you can work hard and not raise too much of a sweat. I can walk across the yard and see new grass shoots stretching out (along with those pesky little purple flowered weeds that I can't remember the name of).

Days when I come out of the greenhouse with my hands smelling of tomato plants, reminding me that the first juicy tomato is not too far away.

Days when my muscles ache, my face is kissed pink by the sun and I frighten a few birds with unrelenting sneezes.

Ahhhh . . . I love spring!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OH YES!

I am so there with you on that great spring feeling!!!!

Nice here also and I mowed the front and back yards the other day!!

Oh the allergies kicking in.

I love the light jacket time! Best is no jacket time....lol

Can't wait for swimming weather!

We have the sore muscles also...HA HA HA....no way around the hard backbreaking work is there but that taste of fresh tomatoes from the gardens are well worth every ache! :)

Want2BFarmer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It was a little windy and cold today in PA but we had some nice weather this past weekend. So nice that I was able to work in the garden with shorts and no shirt.

Now today I am getting a cold :lol: got to love spring