Ahoy! new navy family checking in!

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ahoy there! My wife and I just joined up to this wondrous site. We are glad we found you! I'm a 12yr Sailor with eyes to retire back home and my wife is a stay at home artist/homemaker. We are up in New England for a few years before the next ship and we are trying to become more self suffiecent. Currently we make our own soap, beer , wine, lotions, bath and hygene stuffs. Looking to further things slowly by adding cheese making and growing our herbs / veggies!

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome Howdy from West Michigan! So glad you joined. I will look forward to hear more about your wine making. I am currently on my first batch of Mead so I can't wait to see how it turns out. Don't forget to start a journal too! :frow

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Journal got it. I currently have a dandeloin wine fermenting, a milk wine finished, a wit bottled/kegged and a heavy imperial stout kegged, with tons of mead all over the house.

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
the_whingnut said:
Journal got it. I currently have a dandeloin wine fermenting, a milk wine finished, a wit bottled/kegged and a heavy imperial stout kegged, with tons of mead all over the house.
:th One day, I tell you, one day I will reach this goal as well. But wanted to start small first with the Mead. I am ready for bottleing in another week, then we'll see how it goes.

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Let me guess all the sanitation is rough huh?;)

I have developed a system for cleaning and sanitizing that makes it easy. Invite friends to learn how and enjoy free beer (hey bud can you wash that....) :D

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
the_whingnut said:
Let me guess all the sanitation is rough huh?;)

I have developed a system for cleaning and sanitizing that makes it easy. Invite friends to learn how and enjoy free beer (hey bud can you wash that....) :D
Just don't give them the free beer before you get the work done. Otherwize, well......Once my EX husband got tanked up with his buddies when we were moving from one house to another. They moved the refrigerator with everything in it! :barnie

welcome aboard, whingnut!