Alaskan's Life

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol:

I am not acclimated!!!

send me $9.99 and i will send you this magical thing called a space blanket and if you act now...

:) i'm not really acclimated now as much as i used to be nor do i much care to try at the moment to get it back. cold, brr!, my feet were colder earlier. now they're back to being warm again. :)

And yep... 4-ish more months!

about the same here. time goes by so quick now though that it's like a blink sometimes...

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We, not always, but often, have lots of snow.

One winter an electricity guy came up... had to find the electrical box to work on it. No idea why.

He asked me where the electrical box was (not the one on the house, that big box that sits on the ground that is the junction? box for a group of houses when the lines run underground).

I took him out and pointed to an area with deep snow... told him it was somewhere in that general area... and I was really sorry... but I couldn't remember the exact spot.

There was so much snow... even though those boxes have a tall wire with a flag on the end... that was also completely buried.

No idea how long that poor guy was shoveling snow before he found it.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@JanetMarie

As a feeder pig... I think they would make sense if you had... grass......

But, with 4 plus feet of snow at present, they are a stupid feeder pig... eat lots and grow slow.

They are sweet... I can see them making a good pet...
I've thought about getting some after getting more acreage, because they can 'free range' without complete destruction of property. I have a decent pen here but don't want to raise pigs in general and really don't want feeders in the summer. That makes for a stinky spot on a small acreage.
Maybe they can plow you some new paths through all that snow. I've seen pigs move rocks as big as they were.lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've thought about getting some after getting more acreage, because they can 'free range' without complete destruction of property. I have a decent pen here but don't want to raise pigs in general and really don't want feeders in the summer. That makes for a stinky spot on a small acreage.
Maybe they can plow you some new paths through all that snow. I've seen pigs move rocks as big as they were.lol
Their noses are like a single bottom plow for sure!

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Definitely nice and sunny.

I can no longer sleep until 9, even when I want to....

I am starting to wake up at 6...

Sun is so shiny and bright, it is always finding a way past my blackout curtains.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Is the snow in last picture piles along your driveway? You can see it's much less deep by the small trees....looks like some stuff wanting to be out from under. 😁 It is pretty in the pictures....since they are by you and not me :lol:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love this. With your permission, I would like to start a new thread, and copy your post into the thread... or you can copy it into the thread, and embellish. It's fun to see what folks in different climates do. So, I'll set up the thread sometime within the next few days, with a standardized list of questions. thanks. You've presented some awesome ideas that I may implement.

Latest posts