Aluminum pie tins, uses?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Do you have any pie baking friends that would love to have the tins? One of my friends bakes 5 pies a week to donate to various charities (church dinners, shelters).
This is a great idea. many years ago I was on a pie baking binge and bugged everybody to save their pie tins for me. try offering them on kijiji or craigslist.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I use them whenever I need to do coating/dippings on foods; onion rings, chicken, cookies, mozzarella sticks, etc.

Monica

mjdtexan

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I use them for BBQing. When I want to keep my sause warm inside the pit I put the sauce in them and then I dont have a pot or bowl that is impossible to wash because of all of the smoke. Just throw it away when done.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I use them to clean and sort seeds. I save many varieties of open pollinated seeds. I like the tins because I can keep a variety in each, leave for a bit and return to continue. I used to use the cardboard flats that groceries toss but the tiny seeds would disappear in the crevices; not so with the pans.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Thanks, these are some great ideas. Some I've done, but there are some I haven't thought of. I will check with my local schools. The small cupcake size ones are definitely great for paint projects, I use them all the time, but when you have a couple of hundred....
By the way, we ended up with them because a store selling to caterers and restaurants went out of business and my SIL got them for free!!! and then brought them to us to store in our newly cleaned out porch. I was not too happy about storing four big boxes of food containers at the time. That was five years or so ago. We still have most of them, no matter how hard I try to waste them. :lol: ;)