Another "OFF THE WALL IDEA" !!!!!! for growing plants

Hattie the Hen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi there!

I am always finding "interesting" new ways of growing plants. This grew out of my interest in "vertical gardening" that I posted about a few weeks ago on TEG. This one uses one of those shoe-stores that hang on the back of a door. I have a lovely new green one which I bought to put gardening bits & pieces in......................!! :celebrate Maybe I could put some of my non-hardy herbs in it, to overwinter in my workshop? :lol:

http://www.instructables.com/id/VERTICAL-VEGETABLES-quotGrow-upquot-in-a-smal/

Hattie

Carolyn

Power Conserver
Reaction score
oh I saw this on another homesteading group--it looks very interesting. Going to try this. :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hattie that is such a great idea. I am not familiar with TEG so please post a link or some of your great ideas here. I grow vertical as well. Or at least I try to.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Hattie that is such a great idea. I am not familiar with TEG so please post a link or some of your great ideas here. I grow vertical as well. Or at least I try to.
Its TheEasyGarden it is SS's sister site. Look down at the bottom of the screen here and you will see it and you can click on it.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I love the Instructables site! I'm glad when someone links to it because I could be on there for months looking at stuff; this keeps it a brief visit, lol.
If you do try this, let us know how it works out. I don't have a good spot to overwinter things and Dh would have concerns about that being against drywall for mold reasons.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I think that would be perfect for herbs.

And, I just threw away my DS's because several of the shoe holders were ripped. Dang. :barnie

Hattie the Hen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi Sylvie :frow

It is because of the damp problem that I am putting mine in my workshop because there I can hang it in the middle of the room away from the walls. It has exposed metal roofing supports but the plants will get plenty of light from a line of windows. :lol:

Hattie