Another WV Hillbilly

mliga

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just joined the list.

My DH and I moved back to WV 2 years ago. We live on a 6 acre homestead. We have 12 Dominique chickens and 7 Muscovy ducks, 1 dog (Brandy), 2 cats (Mozart and BW) and a 75 gallon African Cichlid tank.

We plan on adding rabbits and goats eventually.

We live in Preston County, Home of the Buckwheat Festival! And home to lots of snow as you can see here:

1-25-07014.jpg

This is a picture of our cats:
11-18-06001.jpg

And a view from our porch (we can see 60 miles)
6-23051.jpg

Michelle in WV

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
AAAAHHHHHH, retinal scarring!!! :ep I don't know what happened, mliga, but your pics are blazing red!!!!

Nice to meet you, from one holler hopper to another!

Maybe one of the brainiacs can fix your pics. Pendleton Co. here.... Welcome!

mliga

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Photos fixed!! and thanks for the welcome!!

Michelle in WV :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Beautiful, Mliga!

Here's our place in Pendleton Co.

5_imported_photos_00004.jpg
[/img]

One view from the top of the orchard...

5_imported_photos_00010.jpg
[/img]

We share your weather! Ice storm this winter...

5508_mountain_trip_018.jpg
[/img]

mliga

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Beekissed:

I really like your farmhouse! Our place is a little small but we can always add on. We do not get ice storms very often. Just snow, our average is 150 inches a year. :ep

Michelle

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize you get so much more snow than we do! When we lived in Tucker Co. we used to get those kind of snows, but not down here! We sort of live in a protected covey between two mountain ranges here. Last year, when everyone's apple blossoms got frosted, ours did not.

Thanks for the compliments on the house but its not really mine...we only rent! We scrubbed it up, painted the trim, put in the fencing and gates, painted the existing fencing, etc. Spruced it up a little...kind of hard to do much to an old farm house, especially if its not really ours!

We only got one good snow last year! We took the dogs and played all day in the field next to our house.

5_mountain_trip_072.jpg
[/img]

The rest of the snow was barely there and they called off school each and every time....wimps! :rolleyes:

When I was growing up, we lived in Tucker Co. It snowed so much it covered our house! Our house's pic is in the Tucker Co. history book....we had to make a hole and slide down into the porch. They did NOT call off school for that snow! They did, however, call off school for an entire week in ramp season because the smell was so bad in school! :lol: