Anti-estrogenic Smoothie

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
In certain problems such as fibrocystic disease, premenstral syndrome, fibroids, ovarian cysts and some others, an imbalance in estrogen, prolactin, adrenal and thyroid hormones has been implicated. The potentially detrimental estrogen fractions estradiol and estrone are converted by the liver into estriol, decreasing the activity of the former two. This process depends upon the ability of the liver to perform its function, as well as good adrenal function. The purpose of this is to support the liver in its conjugation role, to reduce sources of exogenous estrogen.

Because Reinbeau asked specifically for the smoothie recipe and estrogen, I am only including that application and information.

Anti-estrogenic Smoothie
1/4-1/2 tsp kelp
1-2 Tbsp granulated lecithin
An egg or protein powder
2 Tbsp ground &/or soaked flax seeds
Yogurt
Fruit anthocyanins
Stevia or vanilla extract for sweetening

You can use berries in place of the anthocyanins.
Can add homemade organic yogurt.
My smoothies always start from a base of banana and a couple probiotic capsules which is fine with my ND. It is preferred taken at breakfast.

Foods to eliminate because they are sources of exogenous estrogen are red meat and fowl: organic grass fed is fine in limited quantities.
Milk and dairy products: organic yogurt is acceptable.

Increase anti-oxidants to increase the detoxification of estrogen: C, E and selenium.

I don't consume soy, and leery of the lecithin unless made from eggs. JMO.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thank you, Sylvie, I'm going to go to the health food store today and look for a non-soy lecithin source, I've got soy lecithin in my drawer now, I'll use that for bee food (it's organic, non-GMO, so don't worry, I'm only using it for emulsification to help deliver essential oils to them via their sugar syrup).

ETA Sylvie, does the kelp taste absolutely awful? I was warned that it was pretty foul. What form do you use to add to your smoothie? Also, do you add any liquid?