Antique Vintage advice

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
I've been carrying this around for too long and can't fine much about it.

DHR Holland 8208/O Captains Cuddy Oil Lamp

DHR8208_3med.jpg

I also made a quick webpage to show more and larger pictures

http://repairelectronics.com/shipslamp8208/

I only wiped off the dirt and did nothing else, I will likely put it on eBay once I know what it may be worth - I searched eBay worldwide and came up empty.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hey pc, I'll send this link to my mother, she is an antique historian of sorts with over 60 years of experience. Maybe she can give you a decent-ballpark appraisal. If it isn't a reproduction and has a good mark, it might be worth a good chunk of change...don't polish it up yet.

(My father collects things (marine/lamps) like this too.)

Give them a bit of time, they are 80 years old.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Did you look at all the pictures? seems like a plating is flaking off and can see green spots or copper oxidation. You can also see copper spots underneath, the reproduction or new models all seem to be brass but this has to be older - the DHR company was founded in 1922 so it can't be much older than your parents.

It came off an old 36' wooden schooner.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
did u research the schooner it came off
sometimes the ships history can increase value extremely on this item
just a thought

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
At first I thought it was from the Edmund Fitzgerald as it actually sank in shallow water no deeper then the boat was long and we always camped near Lake superior where she went down.

but alas the actual schooner was repossessed by the IRS for back taxes my buddy owed after he drowned under it. Family never got a chance to get to it before it was hauled away as we were 2,000 miles away, some local shoremen grabbed what they could for us.

Him and I were gonna take it through the Panama Canal from Santa Barbara to Tampa but he went under 6 weeks before I was to arrive.

Latest posts