Any of you know if this is a good deal?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Not sure where you live, but those seeds were collected in Florida, if I read the ad correctly (read quickly.) Are they varieties you like and that will grow in your area? From my own experience, there is a learning curve to gardening....do you currently garden? If so, you can get heirloom seeds and save your own seeds, that way you will have seeds that you are familiar with and that you already know will do well in the conditions that exist on your property.

If not, then you can get a book on seed saving and a few packets of what you'd like to grow with instructions, use a vacuum sealer, and make your own kit rather easily. If it goes for the auction price, it is a good deal ($16 so far, I think?) for 21 packets of seeds. The buy it now price is $69, and you could put it together for less than that, if you are so inclined.

That garden is lacking any flavoring plants, IMO. No garlic, onions, scallions, chives, basil, oregano, mints, dill, parsley, thyme, etc!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I would say that if you can get them for that price, it is a heck of a deal!

To bad they require PayPal for all of their transactions anymore.

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yeah doesn't look like a bad starter kit if you like all of those varieties. :D

Freemotion gave some good advice about checking to see if they grow in your area and such... and advice on how to make your own kit with stuff you like and use!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'll add to this that Ebay has a TON of seed sellers that will combine shipping on items to make it much more affordable than this collection. I buy seeds from a few on there because the seeds I want are not carried around here locally. You can get some great deals on Ebay, but I think this one is not worth the money if it goes much higher. You can customize a better order through other sellers.