Anyone else bug Congress?

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'd love to have wind energy too, and solar energy, and pretty much ANY kind of clean reusable energy. Anyways I had to watch this series of videos for class, called addicted to oil (you can youtube it) and it was talking about the problems and the solutions and why we can't get away from oil. So I being the brilliant person I am suggested to my teacher that if we all really cared then why wouldn't we all contact our senators? He asked if I had, and I was like noooo. Anyways, long story short I did that same day and just got responses from both state senators. I just wanted to encourage everyone to make your voice heard, if you haven't already, and if you need help finding the information on who to contact I'd be glad to help you.:)

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Basically the same thing they voted for a tax extenders bill, on September 23 called H.R. 6049. Its supposed to have tax credits or incentives or something for solar and wind energy. I'm kind of frustrated because I don't want just incentives or credits out there. I want them to do something that really makes people take initative. Anyways reading farther the H.R. 6049 is now back at the house because of senate amendments. Hmmm, I'm considering contacting them again to see if it went back through the house or what happened, or what else their doing.

I can't wait to show my teacher the responses though so that maybe other people in my class will see I did something and got a response, and they could get off their butts and do something too if they really cared.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
No, I don't bug them, but I should!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Before our election (this past 14th) my dh emailed our member of parliament. His office emailed back wanting our phone # so the guy could call my dh. It is now two days past the election, and we still haven't recieved a phone call. Think we will????

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We "bug" our US Senators and Representatives and our State Senators and Reps all the time! We like to be sure they understand how we feel about different bills so they can represent us (the public) accurately. We also thank them when we feel they do well.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i don't know missthenorth, maybe you should call em back, or maybe they've been busy? Does parliment work the same as congress? Because I just told the guys I contacted that I wanted a written response, and they being nice guys sent one. One of the aides also asked for my phone number when I called..

Woodland Woman, do you send them thank you cards or just call or send a nice email? I was thinking of sending one of them a thank you card because he recently got some much needed funding for my university, but wasn't quite sure about what would be best to do.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
RTRchick-I usually just call them and a member of their staff takes a message. They do this when we call about issues too and if they are not bogged down with lots of calls we usually get a letter acknowledging what we said and what they are doing about it. I think a written thank you would be appropriate for appreciation for funding for your university. I think it's great that you want to do that.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Woodland Woman said:
RTRchick-I usually just call them and a member of their staff takes a message. They do this when we call about issues too and if they are not bogged down with lots of calls we usually get a letter acknowledging what we said and what they are doing about it. I think a written thank you would be appropriate for appreciation for funding for your university. I think it's great that you want to do that.
Thank you :) He's a great senator, and I know he's working really hard for us up there. It's sorta nice getting a letter isn't it? Lets you know that they heard you and their reasons for their actions.