anything natural for a burn?

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i am not feeling great so my daughter tried to help by going to put wood in the stove (we have an outdoor wood burner) and my husband left the logs pretty big around cause "he has no problem getting them in". well she tried and the log rolled on her hand and smashed her hand against the inside of the stove. it burned and scraped her hand. i cleaned it and put triple antibiotic ointment on it then a gause pad. my question is is there something natural you would put on it?

4137_002.jpg

oh and hubby WILL split the stuff I deem too big!!!!!!:smack <my husband

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Honey is the best treatment I've ever found or personally used for a burn such as yours. My last one was on the wood stove as well....instant relief and all the fire gone by the next day, no scarring.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I already suggested honey in your journal. :lol:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Uggh sorry about that! :hugs I don't have any I just wanted to comment.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks. i felt bad that she did it trying to help me out.

i guess it should be noted that she is 15 and is the only one of the girls that is alowed to do anything with the wood stove. it isnt like i sent a 5 yr old out to do it. on another group (NOT THIS ONE) someone said i was irisponsable cause she was loading the stove. we realy need a rolling eyes smiley!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: That's what you get consorting with city folks who know nothing about a wood stove. Been poking wood into one since I was about 8 or 9 years old...it's no different than turning on a light switch or a faucet in our house.

My kids all learned to walk around an unguarded wood stove as toddlers...not permanent scarring to be found. Wood heat is just a fact of life for some and sometimes ya just get burned. Then you learn to NOT get burned if you can help it but sometimes it happens anyway.

Life goes on. Tell them for me that they are bunch of sissified, citified know nothin' ninnies! :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hubby can't understand why I split stuff as small as I do. If I didn't, I'd have the same problem as your DD. It can be difficult to load in if it's over a certain size.

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
My kids all learned to walk around an unguarded wood stove as toddlers...not permanent scarring to be found. Wood heat is just a fact of life for some and sometimes ya just get burned. Then you learn to NOT get burned if you can help it but sometimes it happens anyway.
EXPERIENCE= the worlds cruelist teacher :lol: sorry bout your DD getting burned and I hope your feeling better today funny farm

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:lol: That's what you get consorting with city folks who know nothing about a wood stove. Been poking wood into one since I was about 8 or 9 years old...it's no different than turning on a light switch or a faucet in our house.

Life goes on. Tell them for me that they are bunch of sissified, citified know nothin' ninnies! :p
:yuckyuck

made me smile!!