Appetizers...need ideas, QUICK!!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, so we will be going to my sisters for Thanksgiving dinner, Saturday the 19th. I have to bring appetizers for about 15 people...I need something easy, pretty, and YUMMY!
HELP!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wrap half slices of bacon(loosely, it'll shrink) around some butter crackers and pop in the oven. Make a cream cheese and chives dip for them. I did this for my kids big sleepovers and the parents AND kids loved them.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
O.K. here you go. Take some cream cheese mix it with some salsa. Make sure room temp so it wips easy and consistant. Put dabs on crackers, put some toppers on them. Like black olives, green olives or such. This is ones we do ever Thanksgiving. Develed eggs is nice with some paparika and black olives on them. I've been dabbling with stuffed mushrooms lately. Get big mushrooms take off stem and put stuffin in them. Put a homemade sauce on them with some cheese. YUMM!!! Hope this helps. :thumbsup

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
THEFAN said:
O.K. here you go. Take some cream cheese mix it with some salsa. Make sure room temp so it wips easy and consistant. Put dabs on crackers, put some toppers on them. Like black olives, green olives or such. This is ones we do ever Thanksgiving. Develed eggs is nice with some paparika and black olives on them. I've been dabbling with stuffed mushrooms lately. Get big mushrooms take off stem and put stuffin in them. Put a homemade sauce on them with some cheese. YUMM!!! Hope this helps. :thumbsup
Those all sound wonderful! Thank you!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Jalepino poppers are very easy and very good! Cut jalepinos in half lengthwise, clean out all the seeds (if you leave a couple in each it makes for a very hot treat, if you clean them out completely there is really no heat at all, but I wouldn't give anyone under five one. Fill with cream cheese and place on a pretty platter. Mmmmmm good!

Here's one for all ages, and it goes over well everywhere I go.

Shrimp and Crab Dip

1 pkg cream cheese
1/4 cup mayo
1 tbsp worchestersire
3 drops tobasco
mix these ingredients together then add

1 green onion. diced
1 can salad shrimp
1 can crab

Mix again and serve with crackers. We serve them with wheat crackers

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
One of the ever favorite ones at our festivities are pickle wraps.. (I use claussin) take pickle spears and chunk into about 4 equal pieces. Take one thin slice ham(or even turkey or chicken) smear with cream cheese and plunk pickle down in center and then wrap the ham around it eggroll style. We do them with green onion too.
Another family favorite is to make smoked salmon cream cheese(or buy it-philly makes a smoked salmon spread) and put it in a pastry bag with a star tip on it and use only the nice tender celery hearts and put a nice line of the cream cheese down it like when folks make ants on a log. I usually make the celery just about "two bites worth" in size. it is also good on little slices of cucumber with a sprig of dill on it.

Another favorite of mine is to take the mini salad shrimp(or just lightly mince up bigger shrimp) and mix with finely minced onion/celery/red pepper/dill and a bit of good mayo then serve on crackers or endive leaves. I sometimes put slivered toasted almonds in with the shrimp salad.

Depending on if you want to cook something and then reheat it in the oven.. little egg rolls(made with wonton wrappers) go over well and so does oven "fried" crab cheese.. I have mini muffin tins and have just filled the wonton skin with about a teaspoon of cream cheese that has mince crab/green onion/two tablespoons heaping of cooked rice/ touch ginger and garlic and then push them in lightly oiled mini muffin tins and bake at 400F for just about 10 minutes or so(each oven is different tho) till hot... you leave the points up and they kind of look like little open topped "pouches".

Or go with raw oysters on the half shell... totally served at the first thanksgiving.. along with lobster and venison..

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, lots of great ideas, maybe I will make a medley of several things. :D