arrow metal sheds any reveiws?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so eventually im looking to put a new shed on the property and have a couple options
1: build one "myself" (id need help obviously)
2: buy one...

looking at the prices the only ones that id consder feesable in terms of prices are the arrow metal sheds...ive seen some mixed reveiws online and wondering if there worth the price tag and the hassle putting them together.
id be looking at using it as a general all purpose building, occasional livestock shelter ect.
Im in W.TN where we do get t-storms heavy wind and hail...im assuming id need to put it in a sheltered spot and do some pretty deacent bolting down to make it wind safe but any othe thoughts?

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have 3 of the 8x10 ones because of the price - one is tool and misc storage and we actually put a wood floor under it, one was repurposed to be the goat barn when we got them and I recently bought one for feed/hay/critter stuff storage. The tool shed we have had for years and it's still in good shape. The one I use for a goat barn now only has one door (which they have just about knocked off) still on it and several places where they have bent the metal sides out, but it is still pretty sturdy. We have moved the 2 older ones a few times by just pushing up from the inside and walking - so it is easier to change your mind about where you want it.

I would love to have a nice big real barn, but these have worked well for me.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Pinky that's what I have out under the tree on the concrete pad. It has worked well for us. It was a bugger to put together, but it has held up well. That one is about 5 years old, and still pretty much like new. Ours is 8x10 too.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
coolness, id definatly need someones help to put it together, will now have to price up materials and see if it would be cheaper to buy an arrow or build a simply ply shed.
it wont be for a while...but im thinking its deifnatly an option that could be perfect for what ill eventually need

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we put in a metal carport for our goats for a kidding barn. we ran out of spacing having 120 does kidding and barns were slap full and we needed something fast. :)

it has held up well. we 2 sided it and left each end open and made pens inside and used when needed.
it holds up under all kinds of weather.

we also have a carport for the backhoe, tractors and 'stuff' It is very tall and 24 wide by 60 long I believe. Heck I can't remember...but again they work wonders for keeping things dry and are reasonably priced---PLUS if you move you can take them with you. and if I ever move darn right I will unbolt them from the stays and take it all with me.
many years and the alum. is in perfect condition.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Pinky, I think it's about even on cost. Stick framing for a shed would cost about half that, then there is roofing materials, nails, plywood, etc. etc. In the end, it would boil down to which would you prefer, tin/aluminum or wood. Cost wise, they're pretty close, with wood being slightly higher.

The metal sheds aren't difficult to put together. DD and I put ours together, and she was just 9 or 10 then. You will have to have a ladder when you do the roofing sections, but it was relatively easy.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
we put in a metal carport for our goats for a kidding barn. we ran out of spacing having 120 does kidding and barns were slap full and we needed something fast. :)

it has held up well. we 2 sided it and left each end open and made pens inside and used when needed.
it holds up under all kinds of weather.

we also have a carport for the backhoe, tractors and 'stuff' It is very tall and 24 wide by 60 long I believe. Heck I can't remember...but again they work wonders for keeping things dry and are reasonably priced---PLUS if you move you can take them with you. and if I ever move darn right I will unbolt them from the stays and take it all with me.
many years and the alum. is in perfect condition.
If you move BE SURE that the buildings are excluded from the sale right from the start. I looked at a place that had very nice outbuildings, made an offer and put up my 'ernest' money. Nothing was said about the buildings. Did the walkthrough before closing and the buildings were gone! So as far as I was concerned the sale was off. MY [don't ever beleive that the broker works for the buyer unless you have them signed up as a buyer'agent] informed me that my deposit was forfit and I had to pay all the closing costs if I backed out of the deal. I ended up sueing the selling agent, the listing agent and the owner. I won because mistakes were made. The buildings were pictured and mentioned in the selling ad AND on the tax rolls for the property. So they ended up paying my lawyer's fees and for my time wasted doing the many things that have to be done when buying a home.
6 years later and I am still mad and badmouth them when ever the subject comes up

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
absolutely gd
'if' we move they buildings will be moved to the new location before it even goes up for sale. but I sure agree that bad things can happen when someone thinks something is included in a sale and it vanishes. happy you won your case, as you should have :)