As good as gamma seals lids?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've never used them, but I don't see why not. After all, they have a gasket and are food safe.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
These are the food grade containers and lids. They work fine but as you mention, they are a PITA to remove and can be damaged upon opening if not real careful.
Gamma seal lids are a combination of this by having a center that threads off so you can go into it repeatedly without damaging the rim seal. I recommend putting most of your stores in the containers you see here but covering one of each food type with a gamma seal so you can use it for working stock. Keep the rest tightly sealed with the Nitrogen gas or whatever you use to consume the oxygen which is responsible for the damage to the contents.
You can also buy the same things from a company called "Best Container" who has a lot of different container options. I recommend the gallon paint cans which have the teflon coating for many items such as grains, etc.
Trim sends
//BT//

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was afraid that the gaskets would wear more quickly with these, but I like the idea of having these as the long term stores and gammas for the ones you're getting stores out of. Brilliant idea. :)

Someone had found gamma seal lids at Home Depot for $7, but I can't seem to find em... Just these.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have never seen the gamma lids at HD, but we go there for any long term storage lids we need. If you can live with their signature color, in store they sell lids with the rubber inner seal for $1.98 each (at least they do here). I agree on the gamma's for often used things- that method has worked out very well for me.