Attic adventures and treasures~Tag sale preparations

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
So we're planning a tag sale for the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. The idea being to move on the baby stuff, and 18 years+ of accumulated who knows what. So far we've found several boxes of stuff to sell. At least a ton of wrapping paper. A large Australian Shepard sized dog crate that we've been looking for for at least 3 years. Would have been great for the ducks..... but we are seriously considering a post Christmas puppy addition to the family. And lots and lots of garbage.
More to follow.......

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
What fun! We're thinking of something similar here too. Although our attic is so teeny, the only thing in there now is an arm off an old rocker that the previous family left in there.... ;p

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
LOL, we have a single story ranch and the attic is the length of the house. Handy for storing stuff if you're disciplined about what goes up there! The basement is the length of the house too. A little more than 1/3 is my husband's workshop and train set-up. The other part has the washer and dryer and piles of junk. It's carpeted and panelled (vintage 1974) but it should be useable space. We'll get there!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
No attic or basement for us, but we are cleaning out the sheds & as I unpacked when we moved into the new house I put things we really did not care to keep in a few boxes for a sale. we probobly won't get the sheds all done until after the holidays now but after the first of the yr we will be having a sale too. Dh just can't seem to get motivated to get things gone thru to have a sale. I have some baby furniture to go like the changing table/dresser, 2 playpens, exersaucer, etc. Plus all the misc we should fair pretty well, not to mention all the space that will be gained on top of that which really is the best part of it.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I have to agree, gaining the space is what I'm looking forward to most of all!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
gaining space is great---don't fill it up again..HA HA HA

that is my problem. I clean and de-clutter and I swear, from no where, more stuff finds a home here..HA HA

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
gaining space is great---don't fill it up again..HA HA HA

that is my problem. I clean and de-clutter and I swear, from no where, more stuff finds a home here..HA HA
Kinda scary how that happens!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
One of the sheds I want to get cleaned out is an old acid tank that dh's stepdad cut in half turned over cut out a door & laid concrete in to make a shed(actually 2 of them) & I want to make 1 for hay storage at least as it is right next to the cattle pen. The other one I want to store the tiller(if it will fit thru the door) & other yard things in. Then my wood shed I want to clean it out, rip out the wood floor(termites), put in a concrete floor, take off the panels for the outside walls & put in greenhouse walls, to make a small greenhouse out of it. Then what I need to store still can go in totes & go on the back shelves of the feed shed. Like Christmas & other holiday decorations. We have a 8x20 storage container for our feed shed so it is plenty big to store it all & feed too.