Bamboo

Oldmax51

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Bamboo- what kind of things can I do with it?? I have it growing in my back yard, I use it in my garden & 4 shade 4 my dogs..
I am looking 4 more ideas.
Thank U.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
From what I have seen bamboo is very invasive. In about a year you should be able to build a house!!! :lol:

Sorry, I think the canes would have many uses. Not sure how flexible they are when green though. Could you substitute them for any project normally made with willow canes??

g

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Tomato cages, furniture, baskets, placemats, etc...

Toulle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Split it and make wattle fencing - or cover that with clay and make a wattle & daub house.

Bean poles

Trellis - tho it won't last that too terribly long

Split fine and make a porch shade

Most anything you need relatively short term structures, it's very light and strong

beerman

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I don't know if it the same but you can eat bamboo shoots. If you do please check the variety and make sure it is edible.

Oldmax51

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Thank U All. Have a Good Weekend.

austintgraf

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Bamboo is the most versatile plant about and it is easy to see why. In a self-sufficient homesteaders eyes bamboo isn't an invasive pest, but a gift from god. Not only can it be a food source from the delicious shoots, but a cooking tool in many exotic dishes. Bamboo is extremely strong as we all know, and though as said above it was a joke you could very feasibly build shelter for yourself or livestock with bamboo. Larger bamboo is great for containers and smaller bamboo cut into 6-7 inch long pieces along with some hardwood logs laid out properly with drill holes can provide an excellent habitat for pollinators, and of course all its other garden uses! Enjoy and treasure it!

Latest posts