barbara's journal finally

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
well guess i have been here long enough to start one

i was schedule to move to the new property this summer but im thinking that will be delayed

bought 10 acres with a mobile home at a crazy cheap price. it was livable then. not so much now. after putting about 8k in labor and 5k in materials its kind of reversed. cant use the toilets, a/c was taken off, new electrical half way completed. fired that guy last week and told hubby we are going to do this now. get ready to learn. however most of the floors have been replace and 2 new rooms were added.

01. Name? barbara
02. Gender? Female
03. What is your favorite color? purple
04. Can you swim? yes and will be looking into getting a pool soon
05. Living arrangement? Married
06. Do you have an accent? its a mix between southern and northern
07.Significant other's name? darling
08.what kind of car do you own? 1 ford truck, 1 crown vic, 1 marquis and looking to buy a civic
09.How old are you? 35

im going to the property this weekend so hopefully i will get pics of the property......its a work in progree BELIEVE ME! and hopefully he didnt burn the place to the ground when he picked up his tools.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tonight will be nice. mom is getting all 3 kids till tomorrow. me and the darling will be going to an italian eatery and then to see hangover 2. he got so excited when he found out the new one was coming out. will be waking up late in the morning then off to the property to figure out whats going on. ugh i dont want to go.......really.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
starting my new "job" tomorrow

i applied to be a mystery shopper with about 10 companies so far and got 2 shops already

i get to report on the service at the post office
then
i got to mcds to get 2 burgers and report on the service

how much will they pay me to go to these 2 establishments.....24.50 plus reimburse everything they tell me to purchase

i use to do mystery shops about 6 years ago and made out pretty good...when i did atleast 1 or 2 shops a day i would rake in about 300 a month plus reimbursements...so i could look forward to about 500 a month total

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you for starting your journal Barabara. I can't wait to hear how your new job is like :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've thought about looking into doing that, but I hate to shop. :/

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i hate to shop also but only when im spending my own money

however when im spending someones money i will shop all day long

Denim Deb said:
I've thought about looking into doing that, but I hate to shop. :/

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow very cool

how did you find this mystery shopping company? I might look into it

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i have 3 scheduled shops tomorrow

free food, test drive a car, and go to 2 gas station

payments for all 3 is 92.00...not too shabby and all are within 15 min of the house

karen there are so many companies that do it and they have ALL kinds of shops

just dont ever pay to SIGN UP to mystery shop

here is one for you to start with....marketforce.com

marketforce is a company that i worked with when i started and they helped to get my toes wet and understand the concept of mystery shopping..once you do like 2 shops maybe 3 you wont even need to take paperwork with you any longer..it makes your memory alot sharper by doing mystery shops because you have to remember small details.

but dont get like i got...when i was not on a mystery shop oh boy did i want to be because i wanted to complain about EVERYTHING because after doing mystery shopping you clearly understand what is allowed and what is not allowed by employees.