BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations, young sir. Four years, my how time slips away. Great to see your update.

Not sure if I have any sweet southern Belle tips, but I did find and marry a wonderful woman from Mississippi over the past few years.
My advice? Be true to yourself, look for someone who enhances your life, not someone who keeps you from being lonely. We met in a private FB group about low carb lifestyle. No intention of looking for someone. It was over 6 months before we met in person.
There is a plan for you, let the chapters unfold in time.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That's great advice and it is that simple. Very important bit: be true to yourself. Stay "you" :) Give it time, let things unfold and go with it. I hope it will work out for you!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!

Today, my sister and I forgot our momma at church--I'm not going to live this down for a while. Luckily, someone dropped her off. :lol:

I'm about to load the truck up, and head off to where I'll be working for the summer. I've been home for a week, and it is gonna be hard to see the old cabin in my rear view mirror, but I'll have to do it.

Y'all have a blessed day!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I expect to hear about it until one of us passes away--and I might even hear about it in heaven!!

Made it safe and sound--ready for work!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's funny about leaving your mama at church! :lol: Mama griped at me yesterday for not calling in a while. I reminded her that she told me she was low on minutes and not to call her because she would call when she had minutes. She said "Oh yeah I remember now." She was happy I called and wished her "Happy Mother' Day". All my siblings were at her house but me. My car is in the shop and I was waiting for my kids, grandkids and SIL to show up. I promised to take her out someday soon.